cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving emails in XI with different attachments (different names)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we receive emails in XI with exactly one attachment but the attachments have different names.

I can use PayloadSwapBean to swap the payloads - no problem for attachments with the same name.

BUT how can I handle it if my emails have attachments with different names (e.g. timestamp+ILN)???

I read in this forum, that developing an adapter module is one alternative. Is it true?

And is there a good documentation how to build an adapter module?

Thanks!

Regards

Wolfgang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use the parameters:

swap.keyName payload-name

swap.keyValue MailAttachment-1

The payload is set by the mail adapter and not dependend from the name of the attachment.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan

this works for one attachment

can u set the PayloadSwapBean to handle all attachments?

like put a wildcard after the MailAttachment-*

it doesnt work

thx shai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check this.... very good document to create adapter modules...

https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700003237612005E/HowToCreateAdapterModules.pdf

sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sekhar,

tahnks a lot for your answer - I checked the document ... seams to be very good!

But do you know an other alternative for my problem instead of writing an adapter module? (I'm a newbee in java programming )

Regards

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I actually found this:

The MIME headers of the payloads are searched in order and the system takes the first payload that meets the criteria. This payload is swapped with the application payload.

So I think you can specify any Attribute from the MIME header, that is always the same. Perhaps the content-type.

Regards

Olli