Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine Authorization Data from different roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert

we have developed the # of roles for the V_KONH_VKO on based of object fields.

we have assigned the 3 roles to users but cannot combine the authorization data.

Please advise; how to combine the authorization data from the three different role of above object.

Regards

Anwer Waseem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You do this by building bigger single roles at a higher level and not little "building blocks".

Cheers,

Julius

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

You do this by building bigger single roles at a higher level and not little "building blocks".

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hello Julius

if you don't mind; can you explain me in details about the building bigger single role ?

I have 9 SORG , 4 Divisions and 6 Distribution Channel

we want to reduce the number of roles and don't want to maintain lot of roles.

How to do restrict ?

Please advise

Regards

Anwer Waseem

Edited by: Anwer Waseem on Jan 9, 2011 2:07 PM

0 Kudos

Hi,

May I know what exactly you are looking for in "combining authorization data"

If your concern is to assign all the 3 roles you mentioned in combination evertime, you may try creating a composite role consisting of the 3 single roles.

In case its multiple roles with only some variation in the field values of object V_KONH_VKO, you may try master-derived role concept after converting one or more of the fields of the object to org level fields via PFCG_PRGFIELD_CREATE program. This should be effective to reduce your maintenance effort (to some extent atleast especially when you are doing any non org level updates)

Please ellaborate your requirement so that I try suggesting something concrete and focussed.

Thanks

Sandipan

0 Kudos

Specifically regarding derived roles, they can be usefull in isolazed cases depending on the requirement. Same goes for "delta roles". But 99% of the time it is bla bla bla advice simply because it is possible and the consultant didn't stick around long enough to experience the pain-points of support and upgrades (or might be billing you for it...).

I suggest taking a look on the FAQ thread sticky at the top of the forum in the "Authorizations" section. Thete is some very good advice in there already about role design.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Dear All

Thanks to all of you to spend time and share your expertise on my issue;

This is serious issue in my company and need to control the price maintenance by the SORG,Div and DC

We have 9 SORG, 4 Div and 6 Channel which will create total 216 derived role; definitely we need strong security and we should go on derived role approach.

Earlier, i had taken approach to create little number of roles on base of fields of V_KONH_VKO like as;

Role 1

Activity = 01/02 = separate role / other fields was not maintained ( or matained with not relevant data )

Role 2

Division = 20 (separate role of each division) / other fields was not maintained ( or matained with not relevant data )

Role 3

SORG = 1000 ( separate role for each SORG ) / other fields was not maintained ( or matained with not relevant data )

Role 4

DC = 10 ( separate roles for each DC ) / other fields was not maintained ( or matained with not relevant data )

Then i assigned above 4 roles to users and thinking that authorization data could be combine when attached to users but user ending with missing authorizaton error.

Is there any best approach instead of create the 216 derived roles for the v_konh_vko ORGDIVDC ?

We are using the ECC6 SR3 ! Delta roles are approach of the EP roles ! and cannot be apply in abap !

Please advise

Regards

0 Kudos

Earlier, i had taken approach to create little number of roles on base of fields of V_KONH_VKO like as;

Role 1

Activity = 01/02 = separate role / other fields was not maintained ( or matained with not relevant data )

Role 2

Division = 20 (separate role of each division) / other fields was not maintained ( or matained with not relevant data )

Role 3

SORG = 1000 ( separate role for each SORG ) / other fields was not maintained ( or matained with not relevant data )

Role 4

DC = 10 ( separate roles for each DC ) / other fields was not maintained ( or matained with not relevant data )

Then i assigned above 4 roles to users and thinking that authorization data could be combine when attached to users but user ending with missing authorizaton error.

During authorization check, Authorization fields are always checked in an AND relationship for each authorization object instance within role(s). Hence you are wrong in assuming that authorization would be combined in your design where you have maintained Field1, not Field 2/3 in Role A and maintained Field 2, not Field 1/3 in Role B and expected values from Field 1 from Role A to combine with Field 2 from Role B to provide the required access.

In reality, values of Field1Field2Field3 for one or multiple instances (called 'authorization') of authorization objects will be checked in sets within Role A/B. If required values are not found in any of the fields within one authorization instance ,subsequent authorization instances will be checked in the same manner by the program. At the end if required values are found in any one authorization instance, the check is passed otherwise it fails with "No Authorization" error.

If you want to provide access to say ACTVT=02, Division =20, SORG=1000 and DC=10, you will have to provide all the values in ONE single authorization instance so that the authorization check passes when the fields are checked sequentially by the SAP system. Based on this concept, you may need create/redesign your Master-derived roles to suffice your requirement.

Thanks

Sandipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Again!

Yes. you are right and derived role was solution of that but we were working to reduce the number of roles and maintenance.

there are multiple combination of roles which have to maintain.

thanks all of you and your expertise.

REgards

Anwer Waseem