cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to block material for transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

Kindly help me how to block material master to use further in transaction.

Thanks and Regards

Alok Nigam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member533946
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi dear,

You havent mentioned for which transaction you want to block the material.

1) You can block the material for procurement - Basic data 1 view set the X plant material status as block for procurement.

2) Block for BOM :- MRP1 view and set the X plant material status as Block for BOM.

3) If you dont want to make use of above two options you can set the MRP type for that material as ND so that material will not be considered for MRP.

4) You can set the deletion flag for that material at plant level by MM06.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Pl do not confuse you have mentioned in Basic data 1 view to change the status X plant, if he does then what is the result it will block at client level may be same material is required in other plant as well.

@Alok Nigam The X plant material status is available in Basic data 1 relevant to client level , Purchasing view u2013 Block for procurement, Sales -1 Block from sales, MRP view-1 The plant-specific material status restricts the usability of the material

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For what functions you want to block it for further use? Purchasing / Ware house Operations etc..

Assign Material specific status in Material Master according to your requirement. If required, define a new Material Status using OMS4 Transaction code and assign the same in Material Master.

dheeraj_vaishampayan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to block full material i.e. stop uage across plants and sales org than please user X-plant material status and valid from field in material master basic data 1 view,

you can put block as 'Total Block' with valid from a date e,g. 01/01/2011

by doing this your material is blocked for transactions i.e. PO, GR, BOM, MRP etc, effective from 01/01/2011

Hope this helps

Reg

Dheeraj

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

define a material status and a sales status and enter the status in the material master.