cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Pack Upgrade Undo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am new to this fascinating world of SAP BASIS professionals and here I am again with my fourth issue. Please give your valuable advise.

The Scenario:

I have an ECC 6.0 ABAP+JAVA system installed. Recently I have upgraded 3 of it's software components, which are follows:

• PI_BASIS 2005_1_700 Level 0009----to-----Level 0010.

• SAP_BASIS 700 Level 0009----to-----Level 0010.

• SAP_ ABA 700 Level 0009----to-----Level 0010.

My Question/Issue:

I have upgraded the above to Level 0010, but now I want to revert them back to Level 0009 (initial level), that is, I want to UNDO the SUPPORT PACK application. Is this possible? If this is possible, then how?

Please Note: I have not taken any database backup before applying this patches, furthermore, my database is in NO ARCHIVE LOG mode.

Help me....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member191418
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Support package undo is not possible. The only way to go back is restore & recovery (if archive log is on) and only restore if system running in no archive log mode. Since you have no valid backup just before support packages, support packages can not be taken to patchlevel 9.

In your case, check when did you take the last offline backup (since only restore is possible to that point, as archive log mode is off)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

FYI, I have just installed the system and after installing it I applied the SGEN. As you know it's recommended to turn the DB into NO ARCHIVE mode during SGEN as it would prevent any sort of ARCHIVER STRUCK issues.

But I didn't take a BACK-UP as of yet (not even offline) due unavailability of space or back-up media. I just skipped this POST-INSTALLATION step.

Thus, in my case is there no way to revert the Components back to their previous levels?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Support package undo is possible. Its done by "fooling" the system by changing some tables. This definetly is not the recommended way but it works. Ive tried on several of my systems and works like a charm.

In case you want to proceed, ill share the procedure with you.

Rgds,

Soujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Since you have no backup available, the only solution is re-installing the system.

"Fooling" the system by changing some of the PAT* tables is not a good proposition.

There remain a lot of open questions with this approach.

How are you going to revert your repository to the previous level ?

Support packages not only import source code corrections but also modifications to the repository (new fields in tables, extend data elements, ...) resulting in conversions of your repository.

By fooling the system you risk serious conflicts weeks or even months later, are you going to take that risk ?

I hope this can help you.

Wim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I can't afford to have issues that will arise after FOOLING the system. Anyways, I think that Re-installing will be the only option. But if I need those previous levels then oly I will do that. As for the time being, I will stick to my LEVEL 10.

Anyways thanks everyone, specially SOUJANYA and WYM.

Appreciate your concerns.

Edited by: avishekbasis on Jan 10, 2011 12:54 PM