cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change prefix of namespace to ns3 from ns1 WS Req

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have the below scenario: IDoc --> Web Service (Sync back to a file). Whole scenario works fine, but WS provider came back said that we need to change namespace prefix WS request to ns3 from ns1. I believe, PI adds by defaukt ns1 as prefix to the namespace. What is the best possible way to just change the prefix of namespace? We are using XSD and WSDL, not data type/message type.

Your help is appreciated.

Regards,

N@v!n

Edited by: N@v!n Kumar on Jan 8, 2011 6:40 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> but WS provider came back said that we need to change namespace prefix WS request to ns3 from ns1.

It is no difference what prefix is used, so you can use ns1, ns3 or anything else.

When everything is working fine, why change anything?

Tell the provider to look in an XML specification to see how namespace prefix work.

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Navin,

Irrespective of the namespace you use in your XSD or WSDL the message that the party will receive will be the same.

You can have ns1 or ns2 or ns:100, the receiving party will never know it, So how would it matter to them if you changed or did not change.

Regards

Ravi Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thanks, we can always count on you. I am not sure why they are requesting us to change the prefix to ns3. I know its not a technical question, but what is the best way to convince them or show evidence that we dont require to change it? Can you help.

Another case, if they insist on change, how could we achieve it? I mean does the XML Anomylize bean work? or XSL mapping?

Regards,

N@v!n

Edited by: N@v!n Kumar on Jan 10, 2011 3:39 PM

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Thanks, we can always count on you. I am not sure why they are requesting us to change the prefix to ns3. I know its not a technical question, but what is the best way to convince them or show evidence that we dont require to change it?

Maybe you ask them, why they want to change the prefix. I have heard about some specific prefixes where parsers insist on, like pidx, but I never heard this for ns3.

For is the specification for namespaces, you can see that there is nothing mentioned about the naming of the prefixes. The prefix just connect the namespaces to the XML elements and nodes.

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml-names/#scoping-defaulting

> Another case, if they insist on change, how could we achieve it? I mean does the XML Anomylize bean work?

Yes, it will work.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>> What is the best possible way to just change the prefix of namespace?

Similar situation occured in our project areas too. We use ESB in additon to SAP PI server in our landscape and while receiving response the ESB product adds extra namespace and due that we had some issue in validating the digital signature of the message before processing. So we used XMLAnonymizerBean to take care removing namespace issue.

Use XMLAnonymizerBean to fix this.

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navin Kumar,

Please try to use XMLAnonymizerBean module http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/45/d169186a29570ae10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm.

Regards,

Raghu_Vamsee