cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Async/Sync scenario idocs->soap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings All,

I have a scenario (on PI 7.1) where i needs to send a ZIDOC data from ECC to external web service. The web service returns response back on successfully processing the data. There is no need to update anything received from the response back to ECC (response is just a record no).

Is it possible to achieve this without using BPM?

(Note: I am using Java mapping to develop SOAP envelope after message mapping, as I need to add some parameter to soap header of request structure)

I am ready with scenario (without BPM), the operation Mapping is having idoc at sender side and service interface which soap wsdl on receiver side. I did not have any mapping from response to ECC. I am not sure if it going to be work for me or not.

I am waiting for your inputs/help and will be appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Sandip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>Is it possible to achieve this without using BPM?

Yes. It is possible to do idoc to soap without using BPM. You basically want asynchronous scenario.

>>> I am not sure if it going to be work for me or not.

>>>I am waiting for your inputs/help and will be appreciated.

Theoratically you can ignore the response from webservice by not doing response mapping. You might see some errors that message got interrupted in Integration Engine. I guess

Former Member
0 Kudos

will this work by simply ignoring the the response? Waiting for your inputs experts..

Thanks,

Sandip

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Is it possible to achieve this without using BPM?

yes from PI 7.3 - not with any other release

as IDOC adapter from 7.3 is java based

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michel,

Its great to receive from you. Is there any alternative to do this in PI 7.1 without BPM?

Thnaks,

Sandip