cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Get SAP note from developer studio to the Change Management System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think this has been discussed which I find amazing but I cant find it. I had to use SAP Netweaver Developer Studio to add some notes to MSS and change java code. I made the changes and deployed them etc. The users said the changes still werent working so I took their word for it. Finally i used SDM to put in the *.sda file and then they said the notes were working in DEV.

Now I am trying to get these changes in my consolidation system and cant figure it out. The manual SDM method does not work as the message thinks everything is in already. I am now trying to use NWDI to get the changes in but cant figure out how to get my changes into the CMS system. e.g. check-in, devlopment, consolidation etc. There is nothing new there. Can i move the *.sda system to the input directory and maybe it will show up? All the docs say I should have an *.SCA file but I dont have one.

Any help would be appreciated as I am pretty confused on how you get an SAP note with java changes into the CMS transport tool and ultimately into production.

thanks

brad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

An SLD bug led to my problem, hard to find the bug. The logs still stay nothing to do but the changes to go in via the NWDS tool and NWDI CMS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Initially there was a message in the release log pointing to KB article 1530065 which then failed with note 118009. Then back to NWDS had to run KB article 1530065 and then release my change. It finally came into the consolidation tab.

After all this it failed to import because SDM thinks there are no changes to be made. Not sure why it thinks this I know the code is different.

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try looking at the message I raised.

I Guess sap note with Java Changes are supposed to be done on track and the activity needs to be moved to Production to see the changes.

I believe you are stuck at a point that the activity is not showing the changes it might still be running.

Make sure you check the TCS Deployer and see if the activity is still in progress.

Hope this helps.

Cheers-

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

It appears I am in better shape then I thought and my changes are now in the assembly tab. Getting there slowly.

thanks