cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Copy Difficulties > Productive System into New Sandbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I've hit a roadblock in implementing a new sandbox system for our corporation. We have a general three-tier system for a production environment, and I've been tasked with building a new 'sandbox' environment for further config assistance.

All is well with the install until it's time to perform the Client Copy. All SAP software versions, OS, and database are equal in the sandbox to the production environment. During a remote copy run, it dies after the DDIC System Comparison with 'Table Definition Missing Locally' and 'Field Missing Locally'. Right, that's fine, I understand that I need to get the DDIC in sync with our production environment.

My question is, how do I do so? I have read many notes and trolled the forums for a solution. I can't find an efficient way to do it. I don't want to have to import hundreds of transports just to bring things in sync.

Does anybody have an effective way or an alternate method of copy? I'm doing an SCC9 with profile SAP_RMPA to invoke the copy currently. Additionally, maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Jon Ducommun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

In case you are trying to perform a client copy into a freshly installed system, it will definitely fail, and as you already mentioned yourself, you have to copy a tremendous amount of DDIC objects to get your system in sync with your productive system.

The most convenient way to build a sandbox, it to create a system copy of your productive instance. The main disadvantage is that your sandbox will have the same database size. You could also create a system copy of your productive instance, perform a lot of archiving (deleting) in your system and perform a database reorganization. This is a quite time consuming process...

An other option that you have, is creating a sandbox environment via SAP TDMS. This is a tool of SAP which provide the ability to create a consistent subset of productive data into a non-productive system. Via shell creation you can create a system copy which contains only the DDIC data of your productive system and via a TDMS run, you can fill your system with eg. one month of data.

Kind regards,

Mark

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply. You were totally right, I was in fact looking for a system copy versus a client copy. I was able to execute the system copy over the weekend with flying colors.

Thanks again for all your help!

Jon Ducommun

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may want to check the possibilities of homogeneous system copy.

[https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/systemcopy]

former_member218672
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.