cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Pack upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are SRM 5.0 server 550 and Support pack level 11, we are planning for upgrading our support pack this Feb'11.

The latest available is SP17 and SP18 is scheduled for release in Mar2011. Since SP18 is not yet available right now we are planning to go ahead with SP16.

Request your suggestion whether we can go for SP17.

Rgds,

Madhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is generally recommended ( being conservative) to upgrade to a pack less than the latest..

We did this recently from the SP12 to SP17..

One of the reasons could be that there are atleast solving notes already available in case of side effects.

Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nagarajan,

Can you give details like what were the side effects you observed when you moved from SP12 to SP17.

We are in extended classic scenario. You experience can help us in deciding the SP upgrade.

Rgds,

Madhan

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhan

problem varies upon business scenario / Technical scenario.

Your onus is to do complete thorough testing required and no impact on your exiting business process in the testing or Development client after Upgrade .

if you find any difficulties abnormal behavior , you can report to SAP via OSS message and your query will be resolved shortly.

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhan,

The latest support pack available is always the best option, there are only a handful of instances where this has proven not to be the case but it is very unlikely that new support packages will cause problems, just ensure you spend some time testing the SP implementation in your sandbox systems to ensure no major changes in functionality etc are introduced by the SP upgrade that catch you out, but this is generally indicated in the release information note accompanying the SP.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my opinion, there is no reason to be conservative and backtrack one SP to the latest. So I would go for SP17 if that is the latest available. If you are not certain, I'd recommend that you take a look at what notes are involved in a specific SP just to make an informed decision.