cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP-GTS IDES Installation

0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to install GTS on my laptop. I have few questions :

1. I was told that I need to install GRC for getting the GTS. Is this true ? Or can I install GTS components alone ?

2. Is GTS standalone system or do we need to instal ECC as well?

3. Whats the latest GTS version , service packs and HD capacity required to complete the installation.

Thanks

Diw

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diwakar

no, you do not need to install sap GRC to get SAP GTS. SAP GTS is a add-on which can be installed on any ABAP 7.0 server. for eg in your already running ECC, you can install it as add-0n, but most companies install GTs as a seperate server, i mean they install WAS ABAP and then install GTs add-on., so that they create a new GTs server. and later on create backend connections.

eventhough GTS is a part of GRC, from Business prospective, SAP delivers packages of GTS , in a seperate column, called, SAp Global trade services. and you need additional license as well.

1. I was told that I need to install GRC for getting the GTS. Is this true ? Or can I install GTS components alone ?

GRC has got four parts ( Access control, Process control, risk management, and GTS, and each one got its own software. so you need to install sap GTS seperately.

2. Is GTS standalone system or do we need to instal ECC as well?

both, based upon requirement and load.

3. Whats the latest GTS version , service packs and HD capacity required to complete the installation.

SAp GTS 10. but not yet delivered to customers. ( i am not sure, but version 10 is out) and GTS 8.0 is available, i.e in default release.

Thanks

Shabbir

Edited by: Shabbir_.Khan on Jan 19, 2011 8:54 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to know:

- GTS is included in SAP ERP at which software component?

- Is there any Brazilian company that is using GTS?

Kind Regards,

Paulo Carvalho

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

to fully use ERP <> GTS integration you need

in feeder ERP : System Component SLL_PI

in GTS : System Component SLL_LEG

Of course you need the correct SLL_PI for your ECC version...

Install normally via SAINT/SPAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabbir,

Thanks for your info, iam using SAP ECC GUI login 730 version.

After login , how to check whethere GTS is present is there ot not?

Regards

Raj

christin_angus
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

you can see that in the system data, component SLL_LEG will be available then.

Please be aware, that there is a feeder system, normally the usual R/3 and a GTS system. We recommend two different machines, however you can also have them run on one machine but it is a MUST to have them in different clients!

Best regards,

Christin

Answers (0)