cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all, I am working in SRM 7.0 SRM-MDM 3.0 and I want to activate a simple workflow to approve all new information that is transfered to MDM.

How can I do it? Is there some way to do it standard?

Is there some standard workflow in MDM? Or I have to create all workflows in visio?

Thanks in advance

Rosa Rodríguez

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rosa -

can you update with your work around ?

thx

Deep

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We don't have any standard workflow for SRM-MDM catalogue. You need to create one with the help of MS visio.

How can I do it - Basic learning can be done with this doc. [;

For more updated details MDM Data Manager reference guide works better..

Cheers,

Rc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh, thank you very much for your help. This file is great....

But when I create the workflow, I double click in Workflow visio document, system opens Microsoft Visio tool, I create the flow and save it, but in this field doesn´t appear nothing. And when I go to Products tab for example and select one to add this selection to a job, in workflow tab doesn´t appears nothing.

I can see workflow in Data Manager's table but not in workflow tab for Products table.

How can I do?

Thanks in advance

Rosa Rodríguez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I think that my problem is on Microsoft Visio installation but I don´t know how can I solve it.

I checked configuration for Microsoft Visio plug-in and File paths is not C:Program FilesSAP MDM 7.1WorkflowVSL is this in my case: C:Program FilesSAP MDM 7.1Data Manager and I don´t know if this can be the error.

When I create workflow in Visio tool and save it, I can´t see this file again and I can´t search it.

Thanks in advance

Rosa Rodríguez

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rosa,

Plese check who is the owner of the workflow. login with that Id in to Data Manager and then click on workflows tab of product table you can see the status of workflow's there.

Thanks

Sowseel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rosa,

when I go to Products tab for example and select one to add this selection to a job, in workflow tab doesn´t appears nothing.

See, if you have successfully saved your Workflow and after that you are not able to add this workflow to a Job from Products table then you might missed to set workflow Property Active = Yes in the workflow table of MDM Data Manager.

Please Set this Property, you will then able to add this workflow into a job from Products Table.

Also check the workflow Property Table = Products , Trigger Actions = Manual and Autolaunch = Immediate.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all, but my problem is that when I save visio document, close and try to open again. I can´t do it.

I save the document and when I try to open again, visio document is empty.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rosa,

Please have a look at "Configuring the Microsoft Visio Plug-in" in Data Manager doc.

Also, please check whether you have restarted the machine after instaling visio.

-Nimal

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rosa -

I am assuming you have installed your MS-VISIO on your local machine where your Data Manager is.

For cross check,after installing the data manger client you can check whether workflow.vsl is avialable or not in the

folder that you given at the tim of installing data manger client. also check the file path details in Option settings of your visio.

here also check the compactibility of MS visio with respect to your MDM Clients.

You cannot save a workflow when the following three conditions are all true: Checkout=Yes; then Owner=Launcher; and

trigger action is Record Add, Record Update, or Record Import. This is because with those triggers, [System] is the creator and launcher of the job but is not a real user and cannot check out records.

follow the below URL as well-

HTH

thx

Deep