cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching Message ID in XI using the IDOC number produced in S1P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I'm a sap XI newbee and i have a question.

The scenario is like this, We have a message ID (PO) that passes thru XI from a 3PLP(3rd party system) which eventually produces an IDOC when it reaches S1P(R/3).

Message flow: 3PLP - XI - S1P.

So in S1P(R/3)'s perspective, the IDOC is INBOUND and its supposed to display the message ID from XI in the DETAILS TAB (tCode:WE02) unfortunately it did not.

So how would I be able to find the message ID in XI using the IDOC produced in S1P.

I hope you get my point.

PS: tcode IDX5 wont work since the IDOC was only produced as soon as it reaches S1P(R/3).

Thank you so much,

XI Monitor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srikanth_srinivasan3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

IDX5 - Message ID - Tracking - you'll find the correspodning iDoc number in R/3

-

Srikanth Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Thank you for your immediate response.

I'm afraid I can't use the transaction IDX5. The IDOC was produced in R/3, its not yet an IDOC when it passes thru XI.

In other words, the IDOC is not visible in IDX5.

srikanth_srinivasan3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

As long as the message is passed by XI/PI via iDoc receiver adapter, entries should be visible in IDX5.

May I know who you searched in IDX5?

-

Srikanth Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sir.

The scenario is 3PLP --> XI --> R/3.

The the idoc is inbound(in R/3 perspective) and it is not yet an Idoc as it passes in XI.

Hence its not visble in IDX5. is my understanding correct?

i tried to search the IDOC from R/3 in IDX5 but i cant see it.

Thank you so much for your patience.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to search for the IDOC from IDX5 in your XI system...

Also please check the following OSS note : Note 1083694 - IDoc adapter: IDX5 and IDoc tracking

No object relationship is written in step 2.

No object relationship is displayed in the IDoc monitor (transaction WE02) in the receiver system.

Note that object relationships are written for logical systems only (partner type = "LS").

For more information, see Note 428344.

In transaction WENOLINKS, check whether the administrator has deactivated the object relationships.

If everything is maintained, you should see the Sender idoc number(PI) in BD87...

One of the roundabout ways till you fix the issues is to get the timestamp when IDOC was created and go to SXMB_MONI or IDX5 in PI for that timestamp to get the message id

srikanth_srinivasan3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I understand that the its an INBOUND iDoc, iDocs in both the directions are registsred & tracked from IDX5.

Whenever iDoc is sent of XI/PI, a dummy iDoc number & a transaction ID is assigned by XI/PI for tracking purpose.

Based on the transaction ID the iDoc number & status of iDoc could be found in IDX5.

If your message id is not present in IDX5, then the following are the possibilities:

1) You are searching wrongly (may be incorrect date range)

2) Your are not using an iDoc receiver adapter.

Ofcourse, the objects relationship must have been maintained actively.

-

Srikanth Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see... Thank you everyone. Everything is noted.

Let me get back on you whatever I will find out with help of your suggestions.

I really appreciate your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also note that EDIDC-ARCKEY should be filled with message id automatically... Please see the SAP help documentation... what is getting populated in this field?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/13/95244269625633e10000000a155106/content.htm

Answers (0)