cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot login to SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In one of my SAP servers I cannot login, its 4.7R/3 system on win2k3 with maxdb as db, the dispatcher queue keeps on changing from yellow-green-yellow and there are 2 dialog and 2 background wp but both the dialog wp remains busy, with update on table ALCONSEG and BTCCTL and no further login into SAP server is possible, even I tired to kill the WP and tried to login but it doesn't help, the status of diag wp returns to the previous state when killed again and again. Also, I ran SGEN before getting into this situation which I am not sure is completed.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Mridul Gupta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Increase the number of dialog work processes to 6 at least.

Nirmal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do the logs in Work folder tell you? With oracle sometimes this occurs if the archive logs are filled up but not sure with MaxDB. check similarly for the maxdb as well

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mridul ,

Try to check MAXDB log area via MAXDB manager gui .This may be due to your log area got filled up . You can trigger a log backup and if you want you can set auto log mode on , and tehn your logs will be replaced automatically once they get filled.

Also check for logs in /usr/sap/sid/DVEBMGXX/work . Here you can get your error more specifically .

Regards,

Garima

Former Member
0 Kudos

U r rt Garima, the problem was solved soon after I posted, thanks for your inputs even though..