Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proportional Factors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have a following requirment in Demand Planning:

We have 2 levels of disaggregation. Firstly region Level and secondly customer level.

Our planners want to take many factors for spliting the demand to the regioal level and then after customer level.

Regional level disaaggregation factors are 6 months sales history, Back Orders, Customer forecast.Once they finish region level forecast, account managers from each region is responsible to break demand to each customer based on different factors like customer forecast, customer target, back orders, sales history.

As per the standard SAP functionality we can generate proportions based on the History or Past forecast and it stores in the APODPDANT Keyfigure.

1) How to write macro to generate proportions for Customer forecast, Back Orders, customer target ?

2) In the above scenario, once forecast is updated by the Regional Planner at region level , by default regional forecast is further splitted to each customer level of that region since in APO DP the values are stored in the detail level of CVC.How to avoid this?

The reason behind the above requirment , our regional forecast have to get approved by management, after approval accont managers initiates to update forecast at each customer level with slighthly different logics.

Ours is Top Down approach.

Please give your valuable suggessions.

Thanks

Vicky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For your second question, you can have a Key figure with u201CNo disaggregation in time u201C maintained , so that disaggregation to the detailed level is avoided.

After the approval from management, the above forecast can be copied be a macro to another Key figure ( which has proper disaggregation).

For the first question, I think I have not properly understood the purpose. We can have different Key figures to have different disaggregation basis KFs,however, for one KF, we can only give one other KF for disaggregation, which is normally, proportational factors KF .

Hope this gives you insight.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Datta

Thanks for your reply and time.

As per your advice following steps need to be configured in the system:

1) Have to take 2 key figures Regional Forecast and Customer Forecast.

2) Regional forecast should have calculative disaggregation as N (No Calculation) and Time based disaggregation as No Time based distribution.

3) Should I need maintain any aggregates at Region and Product level?(To store the data at aggregate level)

4) Customer forecast will have S-pro rata as Calculative and Proportional Distribution as the Time based.

5) Macro need to be created Customer forecast = Regional forecast. After approval of the regional forecast User will execute the Macro in the Planning book.

I have another few questions on the above scenario:\

1) The aggregated forecast at each regional level need to fix and sum of all customer level forecast should not exceed regional forecast which is obtained in the Regional forecast Key figure.

Example: Product 1 with North Region = 1000 Qty for Current Month, we copy this figure to the Customer forecast. Customer forecast will be in the detailed level with 5 Customers (5 Customers are available in North Region). The sum of all 5 customers should not exceed 1000 qty. I think We can use key figure fixing. If we use Key figure fixing regional Planners need to fix the value in each period manually.

I want to write the macro and give the buttom (Icon), when user executes this macro system should copy Regional Forecast to Customer forecast and as well system need to fix the value at each regions of the Customer forecast Keyfigure.How to do this?

2) Can APO DP support workflow process (Approval Process from planning book)?

Appreciate for your reply.

Thanks

Vicky

Edited by: vicky999 on Jan 14, 2011 4:13 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

When i use disaggregation as N (No Calculation) and Time based disaggregation as No Time based distribution.

When i save the values in the keyfigure, values are getting disappeared.

Please help.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vicky,

No agg/disaggregation? I don't think the PA will store any info at an aggregated level with these no-calc KFs unless you have created aggregates. /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN, select Planning object structure, select your POS, rightclick "Create Aggregate". Select the Characteristic combinations at which you wish to store data.

Best Regards,

DB49