cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goods issue before a proforma invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

An order type to send free samples to the customer has been developed, ie ZFRS. The item category used is KLN. Creation of the invoice is allowed before goods issue. The client now wants that GI be made mandatory before billing. I tried changing the requirement to 003 at heade level and 004 at item level in copying control from the delivery to the billing document. This is used in copying control from LF to F2. However, now while trying to create a billing document, an error is coming 'Doc type is not relevant for billing'. What should I do to make GI mandatory before creation of the proforma invoice?

Regards,

Kasturi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

In order to make PGI mandatory before creating a proforrma invoice,

Then in VTFL copy controls from delivery to billing at the item level maintain the 311 routine in the copying requirements field.

then the system will check whether the PGI happened or not

regards

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kasturi,

Use requirement 311 at item level in the copying control. Your problem will be solved.

Regards

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I changed the billing relevance of the item category to 'J' and changed the requirement to 311 at item level. Worked for the customized version of subsequent deliveries free of charge.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes it will work. try with that

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks it worked for sending free samples. There is another order type for sending deliveries free of charge ie ZSDF. In this case too the item category is KLN. Just changing the billing relevance is not proving sufficient for making GI mandatory before billing. Anything else I need to do in this case?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In item category VOV7 maintain billing relevance as 'J'

Former Member
0 Kudos

The description for 'Billing relevance J' is 'Relevant for deliveries across EU countries'. The client has plants in India. Will this value work in the Indian scenario?