cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating accrual value via extended rebate processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a requirement to use scaling conditions for a customer's rebates.

Scaling will be used to accrue against billing documents.

The rebate will be reviewed weekly, and there will be weekly settlement. This I believe is standard and simple to achieve.

The one issue I can see with the client's requirements is that, during the weekly settlement process, the client requires the settlement not to post a credit entry to the customer but to just update the accrual postings.

Example.

Scale 1 - 1% rebate on first 100k of turnover per week.

2 - 2% rebate on turnover upto 250k per week.

So if a customer buys 101k in a week, the accrual would be 1.02k as standard. However the client wants the rebate to be adjusted to 2.02k. I believe that by doing a weekly settlement, the rebate can work that out, and would produce a credit to the custmoer for 2.02k.

What my client wants, is for the amount accrued to increase from 1.02K to 2.02K and NOT post to the customer.

Is this possible?

If so, how is this done - via pricing conditions and values in VKOA?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry there is no provision to maintain scales for rebate accruals. Check Note 392711 - Rebate conditions with scales

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry I did not make clear the requirements.

During settlement, the amount due will change based on the actuals as per the example.

We require a solution to settle - but not post to a customer ( so just amend the accrual postings)

Hope that is clearer.

Edited by: Mark Chalfen on Jan 7, 2011 10:08 AM

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I'm not sure, but I understand that you want to change the value of condition while you are running it. Check BADI SD_ENH_REBATES, method V13A_VERIFICATION, I see that you can change I_E_KONP. I am never use it, only I know it, so I don't tell you what kind of troubles you can find.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo