cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i need some clarification on Batch job for any report ( Z or Y)

1. How to find any Batch job is set to schedule on weekly/daily/ monthly basis , apart from manual calculation of diffeance in days for said job in SM37 .

2.Once any Batch Job finished then where it gets pasted or stored? if this is posted in spool list , then How user will come to know that that is the spool number against this finished job? if let say say i will maintain spool recepient list in SM36 for that Z/Y report, then in that case i may consider that user may get spool # thru mail box..

but my query :is there any way to define path(i.e common or shared folder) for recepient so that anyone can access that report upon successfully completion. since some user may or may not have access to look spool list or SM37.

3. Once Batch job finished for any Z/Y report now i am able to view report output thru Spool , now i can see that is visible as .txt format. my query is : is there any way to define that spool reflect that report output in .xls format since .xls format is very user friendly.

awaiting your valuable input..

Thanks in advance.

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find answeres below...

1. How to find any Batch job is set to schedule on weekly/daily/ monthly basis , apart from manual calculation of diffeance in days for said job in SM37 .

+ When you schedule the you will have the details given to basis. You can pick it up from them. Normally different companies use different ways and tools to schedule the jobs. So, basis should be able to help you out with how to find a particular schedule for a particular job.+

2.Once any Batch Job finished then where it gets pasted or stored? if this is posted in spool list , then How user will come to know that that is the spool number against this finished job? if let say say i will maintain spool recepient list in SM36 for that Z/Y report, then in that case i may consider that user may get spool # thru mail box..

but my query :is there any way to define path(i.e common or shared folder) for recepient so that anyone can access that report upon successfully completion. since some user may or may not have access to look spool list or SM37.

+Again there are different ways how you get to know a job is complete. It depends on which job is running in the back ground. It can be a report, it can be an interface, it can be a print program etc. All these have different ways of letting you know when the job is complete or failed. The one way (for z/y report is that) as you have mentioned is thro' email. When the job is completed, it creates a spool and you can use different basis tools to format the spool the way you want it to be and sent to the users via email.

Some of the companies use manual job monitoring and so have dedicated job monitoring systems which will create a production support ticket when there is a job failure. +

3. Once Batch job finished for any Z/Y report now i am able to view report output thru Spool , now i can see that is visible as .txt format. my query is : is there any way to define that spool reflect that report output in .xls format since .xls format is very user friendly

Yes, it can be done. It depends on what you have written in the Z/Y report. At the same time with the help of ABAP and basis you can get the report in the form of .xls and get emailed to the required users.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Mukund S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukund,

Thanks for your answer.

But still i am awaiting for point 1 &2 question answer as common..

Thanks

Mahesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

All header details of the batch jobs are stored in table TBTCO. I have no idea whether you have any standard reports to display it consolidated based on weekly & Monthly basis. You can also get it in sm37 by passing * to the job name and providing the required date ranges.

Use function module BP_JOB_SELECT where you can provide the job name & runtime date( Check this function module to know the tables used in retreiving this, donot have a sap system right now to list it out), it will return you the internal job numbers ie. job count.Now take this internal job number and pass it to table TBTCP along with job name. It will return you the corresponding spool number.

You can download the spool output to excel format but it will not fit into your excat columns.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks 2 all.

Mk