Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Reservations conflicting with my Material Availability

former_member232834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear, Gurus

i was involved on a Tuning and Re-Configuration project for a company. They had stopped using SAP for some time and decided to start using it once more so we had to update it. What we did was create a new company code and re-assign all related things to the new company code and extend materials, etc.

Problem which is happening is that old Material Reservations exist. Maybe some old Sales Orders were made and what not and now when I enter Required Delivery Date in my new Sales Order it is not be confirmed for that date but for a future date (forward scheduling) System is saying or the understanding is that no material is available for requested delivery date. And problem is because of the OLD reservations. How can I solve this issue. In other posts they say to delete the reservations in MD04. But I need to know what would happen to my previous open Sales Orders? What if I need to go back and fully process or even close the sales order(s). What is the full impact on accounting?

From the point of view of closing I can do a mass change and set reason for rejection for the orders which client does not really want or need anymore and i'm sure this will take the reservation out from MD04. Can someone with more experience suggest or add to my understanding of this point.

Regards, Ali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

1) Remove the reservation of stock from MD04 by setting a reason for rejection on all open sales document line items for which there is no longer a customer requirement. (Apart from the reducing the open order item amount on the customers credit limit. There should be no FI impact.)

2) Run SDRQCR21 to regenerate the requirements - if you wish (optional).

Regards,