cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey All,

I have to create a new document type in DMS. i know how to create a new document type .

I want to put some additional charateristics to it like location(drop downlist of predefined loactaion). so that everytime a user create a document he will have to fill these mandatory fields.

please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks that was helpful.

i wanted to know if i could add radio buttons or option buttons on the first template of document.

i have to create a document type which further can be classified into 4 other sub parts.

rather than making a different doc. type for each of them, i wanted to make buttons on the template..

i wanted to know if that is possible.

kindly help me.

Best Regards,

Simran Matharu

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Simran,

Ravindra is right. If you enter a class for the document type in DC10, this class will be used as default class each time an user creates a new document info record of this type. If the class includes mandatory characteristics the user will also be notified if these characteristics are not filled out.

According to the mentionned behaviour I would like to explain to you that mandatory classification fields behave differently than mandatory fields in other applications.

It is possible to save a document info record even if a required characteristic is without value. If a required characteristic has no value, the system correctly generates the error message CL500. This system behaviour is correct and corresponds to the R/3 standard.

The check for the classification characteristics is performed only in the screen of the 'Additional Data' tab. So when there is a missing mandatory characteristic, the system does not allow you to save on this document. If you switch to the classification tab and SAVE the document the system expects that you do have entered all desired values and saves the document. If you try to save the document without moving explicitly to the classification tab the system thinks that you have forgotton to enter classification values and you can't save the document.

You can change the system behavior according to your requirements using user-exit 'CLFM0003' (function module 'EXIT_SAPLCLFM_003', see SAP note 383092) or with BADI DOCUMENT_MAIN01 and method BEFORE_SAVE.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/Mandatoryclassificationcharacteristics

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simran,

For this you have to define a class for document type which you are assigning in DC10 in document class field.

for class use t-code CL02 to ctretae and for additional data use CT04 create characteristics of these fields and assign in CL02 to document type class.

Hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra