cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big/Little Endian - XI Migration problems reg. Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

We want to migrate our XI system from a PA-RISC based HP workstation with <b>Big Endian</b> architecture to a Itanium-based HP workstation with <b>Little Endian </b>architecture.

We know there are <b>problems</b> between the two architectures <b>during system XI migration reg. the compilation of Java code</b>.

1. Do you have any experience what exactly are the problems when migrating java compiled programs between big and little endian architectures with respect to XI?

2. Where in XI -apart form user defined functions used in XI mapping programs- are java compiled parts, which could cause problems during the export and import of XI objects?

Thanks in advance,

Katarzyna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

take a look at note : 849112.

Regards,

bhavesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Katarzyno,

>>>>2. Where in XI -apart form user defined functions used in XI mapping programs- are java compiled parts, which could cause problems during the export and import of XI objects?

customer java code can be found in:

- imported jars with java classes - java jars and java extensions for xslt mappings

(<b>Imported archives</b> in IR)

- adapter modules (if you use any)

- adapters (cusotmer adapters)

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please have a look at this pdf which discusses the same in detail:

http://hosteddocs.ittoolbox.com/SAP%20Data%20Migration%20Using%20XI.pdf

Also go through the same.

Regards,

Abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhy,

thank you for your help.

When I am talking about migration I don't mean data migration using XI, but the migration of all objects (SLD, Integration Builder etc.) from one XI System to a second XI System.

And we think that during the import and export of the files, because of the little/big endian diffrencies, we can't transport the objects containg java compiled code properly (e.g. mapping objects with user defined functions)...

Regards,

Katarzyna

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

AM not very sure, but I think the class files generated for your Message mapping , imported archives etc are independent of the encoding format. So, a migration from one environment of Big Endian to another of Little Endian should not be an issue.

Would anwyas suggest that you get a confirmation from SAP before doing the same.

regards,

bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

it would be very interesting to know, if the migration from one environment of Big Endian to another of Little Endian could cause any problems...

Anyone experience with that?

Thanks.

Regards,

Katarzyna

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Katarzyna

I wish I had

Please keep us updated on how you go about this issue.

Opening an OSS will be a very good way to approach this.

Regards,

Bhavesh