cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different UoM in Sales Documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a scenario where the Unit of Measurement in the Sales Contract, Sales Order and Billing are in Weight but the Unit of Measurement in the Delivery Order is in Pieces.

I believe by maintaining the conversion in Material Master should be sufficient, utilizing the Unit of Measure tab in Additional Data.

However, the weight captured varies per batch and is instead, stored in the batch's classification as a unique characteristic (tonnage per piece). I am not able to retrieve these weight data into the Sales Documents, as to calculate accordingly.

I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction, pertaining to my question above.

Thanks.

Navin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

However, the weight captured varies per batch and is instead, stored in the batch's classification as a unique characteristic (tonnage per piece). I am not able to retrieve these weight data into the Sales Documents, as to calculate accordingly

can u elaborate it clearly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chmohan,

Sorry for the confusion, I believe I have stated my question(s) incorrectly; allow me to elaborate further:

The batch-specific material UOM has been activated for each batch of products as to capture the conversion factor, i.e. tonnage per piece. So, each batch will have different weight, based on their own conversion factor, which is manually entered.

My question is, how do I calculate total weight per Delivery Order, based on the total pieces entered, against the batch-specific conversion factor? Currently, the Gross Weight and Net Weight in the Material Master is used for the conversion, which we are trying to deactivate.

Also, how do I allow the Unit of Measurement in the Sales Contract, Sales Order and Billing to be in Weight but the Unit of Measurement in the Delivery Order to be Pieces?

I have a additional relevant question: In the Sales Order the product (Sales Unit) is entered as Weight (TON). I would like to change the Sales Unit in the Delivery Order to Pieces (PC) but the Sales Unit column is greyed out. How do I enable the column, as to change the Sales Unit? In the Material Master, the Base Unit of Measure is PC and the Sales Unit is not maintained. FYI, the business process is as such, whereby the weight is recorded in the Sales Order but the Delivery is done in pieces, the weight is then calculated accordingly.

Thanks.

Navin

Edited by: Navin Nair on Jan 7, 2011 10:53 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the second part of your question. Can you try using the "Delivery Unit" field that is present in Sales Org 1 data of Material Master.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Mukund S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukund,

I tried your suggestion; the system ended up creating an alternate Unit of Measure (UoM) in the Material Master.

The issue here is, the Base UoM is in PC but the Sales Order is recorded in TON. Since the Sales Order is created with TON, the system disallows me to enter PCs into the Delivery Order.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Navin