cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Library problem with dw.sap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have done a series of refreshes and updates over the past two weeks. Tonight I started a

production upgrade, and something is amiss. As <sid>adm, I can run disp+work fine. Also,

ldd disp+work finds all the required libraries. However, when I run start sap...the following error is encountered:

(25911) New Child Process created.
(25911) Starting local Command:
 Command:  dw.sapWP1_DVEBMGS00
           pf=/usr/sap/WP1/SYS/profile/WP1_DVEBMGS00_sunwp1
ld.so.1: dw.sapWP1_DVEBMGS00: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/sap/WP1/SYS/exe/run/dw_xtc.so: symbol sc_stGetIncludeName: referenced symbol not found

Not only does that file exists, but the ldd for disp+work (I believe that is what is linked to dw.sap)....

This is Solaris, and I apologize if this is the wrong forum.

Thank you,

Zach

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What would be the difference between running dispwork as <sid>adm and startsap running dispwork (through dw.sap)? LD_LIBRARY_CONFIG seems to be legit:

sunwp1:wp1adm 48% echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/usr/sap/WP1/SYS/exe/run:/oracle/client/10x_64/instantclient

Regards,

Zach

Former Member
0 Kudos

I discovered the problem. The previous administrator may have installed the last kernel incorrectly.

Inside of /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS00/work existed static binaries for dw.sap, se.sap, etc..... Normally these applications should be dynamically linked to a corrosponding application in /sapmnt/<SID>/exe. However, these applications were from the previous kernel. The newer libraries dynamically loaded from the current kernel directory did not have the same internals as the previous versions, and this caused the old application to crash when ran against the new libraries.

Thank you for the help,

Zach

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try to copy file /usr/sap/WP1/SYS/exe/run/dw_xtc.so from another system (which is working) to this system..

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

I was wondering if it could be a corrupted file, so I downloaded and installed the kernel multiple times. I've also tried moving over a working file. The files have verified they as identical (cksum dispwork == 1340629049 67743712 dispwork). I have a few thoughts regarding the issue making it really weird for me:

1.) Running the disp+work directly as root or <sid>adm works fine; however, it crashes when ran as dw.sap from the startsap script.

2.) ldd on disp+work (as <sid>adm) produces the following output (makes me think the library is known to the dynamic linker):

sunwp1:wp1adm 101% pwd
/sapmnt/WP1/exe
sunwp1:wp1adm 102% ldd disp+work
        libdl.so.1 =>    /usr/lib/64/libdl.so.1
        libnsl.so.1 =>   /usr/lib/64/libnsl.so.1
        libsocket.so.1 =>        /usr/lib/64/libsocket.so.1
        libCstd.so.1 =>  /usr/lib/64/libCstd.so.1
        libCrun.so.1 =>  /usr/lib/64/libCrun.so.1
        libm.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/64/libm.so.1
        dw_gui.so =>     /usr/sap/WP1/SYS/exe/run/dw_gui.so
        dw_xml.so =>     /usr/sap/WP1/SYS/exe/run/dw_xml.so
        dw_xtc.so =>     /usr/sap/WP1/SYS/exe/run/dw_xtc.so
        dw_mdm.so =>     /usr/sap/WP1/SYS/exe/run/dw_mdm.so
        libregex.so =>   /usr/sap/WP1/SYS/exe/run/libregex.so
        dw_stl.so =>     /usr/sap/WP1/SYS/exe/run/dw_stl.so
        libw.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/64/libw.so.1
        libthread.so.1 =>        /usr/lib/64/libthread.so.1
        librt.so.1 =>    /usr/lib/64/librt.so.1
        libc.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/64/libc.so.1
        libmp.so.2 =>    /usr/lib/64/libmp.so.2
        libkstat.so.1 =>         /usr/lib/64/libkstat.so.1
        libaio.so.1 =>   /usr/lib/64/libaio.so.1
        libmd5.so.1 =>   /usr/lib/64/libmd5.so.1
        /usr/platform/SUNW,Sun-Fire-V490/lib/sparcv9/libc_psr.so.1
        /usr/platform/SUNW,Sun-Fire-V490/lib/sparcv9/libmd5_psr.so.1

3.) showrev -a is identical (aside from hostname) on test and qa, but is different for production. Could this be the problem?

I am not as knowledgeable with Solaris as I am with other operating systems. Thank you for all help.

Zach

EDIT -- This is not a clustered system.

Edited by: Zachary Shay on Jan 7, 2011 3:28 PM