cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle 11g R1(11.1) Database Upgrade Guide.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where can I find the SAP documentation for:

Database Upgrade guide > Upgrade to Oracle Database 11g Release 1(11.1):UNIX.

I am able to find Upgrade to Oracle Database 11g Release 2(11.2). We are planning to upgrade to 11g Release 1(11.1) and I am not able to find any SAP documentation for 11g Release 1(11.1):

Does SAP support 11g Release 1(11.1)?

We are using Business Object XIR3 and want to upgrade from Oracle 9i to Oracle 11g R1.

Thanks

Edited by: Sherry Barkodar on Jan 7, 2011 1:52 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

andrew-mccarron
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm assuming you want to upgrade a non-SAP database since you mention you are running Business Objects. You should refer to Oracle Support site for upgrade info for 9i to 11gR1. The SAP Oracle docs refer to running Netweaver based systems or the older R3 environments.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using Oracle 9i for our Business Object repository for CMS / Audit repository purpose and we want to upgrade to Oracle 11g. What is the impact of this upgrade (from Oracle 9i to Oracle 11g) on Business Object repository?

Can you please provide some information for upgrade to Oracle 11g R2 and impact on business Object Repository?

Bellow is information about our platform:

- The BOE XI 3.1 installation is on Sun Solaris.

- Upgrading from Oracle 9i to Oracle 11g to be used for CMS / Audit repository purpose.

- We want to use Oracle 11g for CMS repository and reporting purposes.

Thanks,

Sherry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only 11.2 is (and will be) supported by SAP, i cannot imagine there will be an exception for BO.

[1398634 - Oracle database 11g: Integration in SAP environment|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1398634]

only 11g Release 2 (11.2) is released in the SAP environment

Kind regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos
Does SAP support 11g Release 1(11.1)?

I don't think support is anounced yet...........You have to go for R2 till that time.

Regards,

Nick Loy