cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Crystal Reports Runtime error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get the folllowing error when I try to install the CRRuntime_32bit_13_0 on a Windows 7 32 bit machine:

Error 1606. Could not access network location. \ASP.NETClientFiles\.

PLEASE NOTE, I am installing this on a local machine from its harddrive, not from the network.

I get this same error on a Windows 7 64 machine when trying to install either ther 32bit or 64bit version.

Some of the Windows 7 machines it installs fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For Windows 7, try right clicking on the installer and making sure it is unblocked. Downloaded files are blocked by default and certain operations are not allowed even if the file is run as an administrator.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information. I have tried that and still am unable to install it. The interesting thing is, some computers install it while still blocked. I also notice this same problem on Windows XP.

Is this install trying to go to SAP's website and verify something and cannot find it?

Any other ideas would be helpful.

Thank you.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

[This|http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886549] MS KBase may be worth having a look at. A lot of the settings it discusses are not specific to MS and running the Fix It wizard may not be a bad idea.

And the discussion at the below link I found rather interesting also:

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-12546_102-329159.html

E.g.; this may not be an issue specific to a CR install(?).

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the ideas. All registry entries are correct, but still not working correctly. Will try some more experimenting. I only get this error for Crystal Reports runtime, Crystal Reports VS2010 install works fine. Not sure why the runtime continues to be a problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, the fixes discussed work for Windows XP but not for Windows 7. This is good enough for me right now since we only have a few Windows 7 machines currently using this version of Crystal. I will address this problem again if more machines get Windows 7 and Crystal does not work.

Thanks for all the help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get the same error,

In my case, the Crystal Report prerequisite for a .NET 3.5 WPF App, distributed with clickonce, disappear on the pre-requisites list, then i think maybe reinstall Crystal Reports can fix this problem, but now i cant reinstall or remove it.

In think this happen because i´m restore the operating system (windows 7 home basic), to a prev version using the one key recovery software of my lenovo.

I going to remove Crystal reports of my app, while test the product, but the problem continue.

If anyone have an idea of how to force the remove or reinstall.......

Former Member