cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a trigger file after successfully processing of a regular file?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 10 differet proxy-tofile scenario interfaces going to one target system (10 different transcational data sets). For each interafce after creating the file (fixed file name file1.txt), PI has to create/append a file called "trigger file" which has different structure with fine name, file creation date/time etc. and kind of file (all or delta) which comes from proxy.

So if file1.txt (all) has created, after that PI has to create "trigger file" with:

file1.txt 20110106 all

So if file2.txt (changes), another interface with different transaction, is created, we need to append "trigger file" with:

file1.txt 20110106 all

file2.txt 20110106 delta

Can I do this scenario without BPM, in Integrated Configiration, we are in PI 7.1 EHP1.

Regards,

N@v!n

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi N@v!n Kumar,

I understand your scenario as 1)Proxy to file scenario 2)After file is successfully placed in target folder, "TriggerFile.txt" has to be created/updated.

It is possible, using "Run Operating System Commands After Message Processing" [Link1|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/44/556cb799c93677e10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm] [Link2|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/10392] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; [Link3|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/SAPXIFileAdapterOSCommandLine+Feature]

The logic in script (.bat file on Windows system / .sh file on UNIX system / .class file OS independent(I recomend this)) should be like this.

Step 1:- Read all Files details in target folder.

Step 2:- Create "TriggerFile.txt" it is not present in target folder.

Step 3:- If "TriggerFile.txt" is present, then update it with "File Name" "Created Date&Time" "All/Delta". Note: "All/Delta" should be updated based on your bussines logic.

Regards,

Raghu_Vamsee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even We have the same requirment. Do we have a solution for this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Let me try to put the question differently for the same scenario. I have completed dev with two message mappings, two operation mappings (one for regular file and one for tigger file). In ID, I am using the Integrated Configuration (with multiple receivers; here I created 2 communication components, one for regular file, another one for trigger file). This scenario works fine, creates regular file and trigger file. Only thing is it creates trigger file even regular file fails, we dont want to create a trigger file when the regular file creation fails..... since we have lof of scenario like this, we want to use integrated configuration only......I have tried to use one operation mapping (with multiple message mappings with in it), but looks like Integrated Configuration doesn't support this.

So if I have one operation mapping with 2 message mappings in it, does operation mapping fail when one of the message mapping fails? At the end all we wanted to do create a file when ever the regular creats successfully. Pleae help me with the design. Let me know if you need more info.

Thank You,

N@v!n

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could anyone think of or suggest me a possible design solution options for the above requirement. Your help is much appreciated.

Regards,

N@v!n