cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No instance profile error starting SMD agent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody

I'm trying to start the SMD Agent with DAAADM user and when I run the command startsap with DAAADM user the message below appears:

"No instance profile found"

Can you help me with this?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Do you want to double check that the Hostname you are using in the startup string is the same as returned

when you uname -a or hostname'. Sometimes the hostname is longer than 8 characters, but gets truncated to 8 and then the system can't be found. Please check tthe hostname is not being truncated.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paul and colleagues

Sorry for taking so long to answer it. I solved the problem in some machines but not in all. I tried, with DAAADM user the command startsap <hostname> or startsap<virtual-hostname> and in some machines it workerd, but I still have three machines that even with the commands above the message "no instance profile found" remais.

Do you have any idea what to do?

Thanks for the attention

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

you can try startsap SMDA<XX> <virtaul host name>

Regards,

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

This may sound like an odd question, but it needs to be asked. Is there an instance profile defined on the system?

RZ10 - Select profile from drop down list...Instance profile should be there, when you display it should have values.

If not, then the message is not misleading. This should be checked, if not to just rule it out.

Regards,

Paul

rohan_hardikar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instance profile for DAA agent is located under /usr/sap/DAA/SYS/profile

-rw-rr 1 daaadm sapsys 443 Apr 8 2010 DEFAULT.PFL

-rw-rr 1 daaadm sapsys 2140 Apr 8 2010 DAA_SMDA95_usahs141

try to check the owner and permissions for it.

Thanks,

Rohan

Answers (0)