cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate PO checkbox missing on T_56 (Define Item Categories)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am having problems with my cost documents not getting transferred over in VI02 due to a PO not populating it's respective field. I have turned on most of the the areas that requires this to happen but when I access Shipment Cost Item (T_56) for my specific item category (planned rating), my "generate PO" field is missing. Can anyone help configure this with me?

thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check whether these OSS notes would help you;

1) OSS Note 764559 - Information: Criteria for purchase order item determination

2) OSS Note 674874 - Modification: 1 purchase order per shipment cost document

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the very fast response. I read through the two SAP notes and I think the 674874 is the one I need. I noticed that the purchase order for the shipment cost item category was implemented in 4.6C. I am working in 4.5B so would I have to customize the system or is there another area where I can simply "turn on" this field through regular configuration?

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To be honest, I never worked in version 4.5b and in this subject area. Out of general interest, I tried to learn these process and tried to answer.

I would recommend to search the web or OSS notes for this version.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, I will keep researching this issue. I too am new to 4.5B and I am finding out that reference material online is very small compared to the newer versions.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To the best of my knowledge, the said field "generate PO" will never come in any IMG settings of Shipment Cost. Nevertheless, if the PO is not flowing in shipment cost, check whether valid PO is raised on transport vendor for the current period.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi