cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO_ERROR_CONVERSION: Integer '9700000' has to many digits at field IV_DOR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

From java end I'm passing a 7 character long string '9700000' to the column IV_DOR which is of 10 characters long, then am getting this error JCO_ERROR_CONVERSION: Integer '9700000' has to many digits at field IV_DOR

It's datatype and length is IV_DOR CHAR10.

When I am passing the same value with 4 characters long '9700' then it's working fine.

Can anyone pls let me know why I am getting this error when I am having the field which contains 10. pls suggest

thanks in advance,

suraj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your suggstions..but unfortunately it didn't work.

I checked, there is no space between, also have trimmed it by using the trim() function.

This time I'm passing 6 digits, then also its giving me the same exception..

<GOT an exception >>>>>>>>>>>>>>........com.sap.conn.jco.ConversionException: (122) JCO_ERROR_CONVERSION: Integer '970001' has to many digits at field IV_DOR>

The same is working fine when i'm passing 5 digits....... not able to understand, why.

Am confirm that the length of IV_DOR is 10.....pls suggest..

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Here is the solution. Follow this link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check the corresponding XSD datatype assigned to the XML representation of this IV_DOR field (assuming you've used the import tool to get it) ?

Rgds

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's a problem with Extra spaces while declaring the variable..

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>> Can anyone pls let me know why I am getting this error when I am having the field which contains 10. pls suggest

Few suggestions;

a) Use trim() method of String in the java side. There might be some extra blank spaces causing this error.

b) Char type is not a issue. But best practice is to declare varchar2.

Please test it and let us know.