cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid user to Edit a WebI report

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need this user to save a WebI report in the folder he wants but the Edit button shows and I don't want him to Edit the WebI report. Which option should I set so the user can't be able to modify the Webi report?

I go to the Cmc, there in the Applications Options I select Webintelligence and USer Security, I select the user but I can't find which permission I have to deny so he can't Edit Webireports.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I guess I have to apply those same steps on their personal folders so they won't be able to use Edit option in Favorites.

0 Kudos

The exact right is "Content->Web Intelligence->Edit objects" and you should deny it for your users in the folder your webi report resides in.

So in the CMC you have to go to Folders, navigate to the folder your repor is in, select the folder and over the context menu (right mouse button) select User security . Add your user/group and click the Assign security button. Go to the Advanced rights tab and click on the Add/Remove rights button. There you should navigate to General->Content->Web Intelligence and deny the right +Edit objects to your user/group.

I assume you use BO XI 3.1

Regards,

Stratos

Edited by: Efstratios Karaivazoglou on Jan 6, 2011 9:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I'm using BO XI 3.1

But when the user copies the report to his Favorites folder he is able to Edit it, anyway.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Once you select the user Security ,

you will be seeing the user list , select the user and give the access as " View".

Name , full name , type , Access .

in access give View.