cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return order in different Plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have this scenario precisely. Items can be dispatched from one plant and the return sales order may be punched for different plant. currently, when I give invoice number as reference and create return order, it copies the same plant as in order (which should be) but does not allow me to change That field is disabled at item level. is it possible ?

Thanks,

Binita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of book the sales returns in different plant, better to book in same plant from which the actual sales is done but in differetn storage location i.e. return storage location.

- can you tell us, why you would like to have different plant - just for sales returns. Hope you are aware of the specification of Plant which is decision factor by MM / PP cons.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I understand the repercussions and know this is not the right thing to do. actually, these plants are not actual 'Manufacturing Plants'. practically, they are showrooms (retail outlets) which are configured as plants in SAP. and it is quite possible that the end customer buys something from one of the outlets in Mumbai and returns the same item in one of the outlets of Delhi. and as a regular practice followed in this company, they deduct the original tax amounts(1%) on goods while giving credit to customer (even if the return/buy back happens within 6 months or any shorter span).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Binita,

You are creating return sales order with reference to billing document, in this case the plant will be defaulted as we all know and will be display only.

After doing the goods reciept for the parent plant (from where material was originally issued) why dont you go for transfer posting of stock from one plant to another via transfer posting with the help of movement type.

This will help in acheiving you end results, which is return in another plant .

Br,

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This may not be possible in standard SAP as far I understand it. The best thing that you can do is to do changes in the item copy control so that you can enter the plant in the sales order line item.

But I have a few doubts. How will you control the tax part of it. Tax normally depends on the departure and the destination (country / region / city) .... When you are referencing an invoice, even the tax that was invoiced to the customer gets copied. But when you change the plant, the tax rate also changes. This should be taken care off.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Mukund S