Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In SAP on Windows Clustering

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all

We are trying to install the SAP BI 7 in Windows 2003 64bit server MSCS environment with MS Sql DB. In that we are installed and configured the Windows 2003 64 bits server with MCSC and MS Sql server 2005 as per the SAP Net weaver 2004s guide. In that central services instance for ABAP and Java installation are completed after that we need to do the SAP Cluster group configurations before install the SAP Enqueue replication service

My Query is SAP Cluster group configurations details steps? (Like share disk, Abap and Java instance and service configurations details in Microsoft Cluster service environment)

Thanks and regards

Sriram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John Feely

Currently we have reloaded the MSCS servers. If possible pls tell us the details steps which we need to follow the SAP installations in Microsoft Cluster.

My queries is Last time we have completed the Installation of Central services for ASCS & SCS after that what are steps we need to follow. with details steps?

Kindly guide us

Regards

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram

We have to install ASCS and SCS services in one of the shared disks which is a dedicated storage for SAP Group in a cluster.

Please check whether SAP group is created in cluster first and check what disks are assigned to it.

I believe if you have installed ASCS and SCS already, it means shared disk is used for the installation other wise installation will not go through.

If I am not wrong, then carry on with the installation, the next step will be configuring First MSCS node followed by DATABASE instance installation, Additional MSCS node, ERS on node 1 (two times one for abap one for java), ERS on Node 2 (two times),Central instance and finally Dialog instance installation.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards

Khalid Bin Mohammed Al Abusani

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I am facing similar kind of issue while configuring first MSCS node on NW 7.0:windows 2003:Oracle 10g

As per the SAP standard Installation guide,

I have done the installation of ASCS & SCS on global drive, after that while trying to configure the first MSCS node I got the error that unable to create the SAP cluster group.

R3Clus.Log says as below,

23.1.2012, 15:46:58, ntclsclcrsrc.cpp, 411, CreateSAPIPAddress failed 5057

The cluster IP address is already in use.

Note -As i found that there are 3 cluster groups existing on Cluster Setup configured by our system admin,

there is already created SAP Cluster Group u201CBWP SAP Applicationu201D

existing in my cluster.

While I did u201Cconfiguring first MSCS nodeu201D step itu2019s creating a new SAP

Cluster group u201CSAP BIPu201D (SID-BIP) & log says that cluster IP address is

already in use, that is where exactly I am stuck up.

Than i have removed the already existing cluster group u201CBWP SAP Applicationu201D

& i continued the step "u201Cconfiguring first MSCS nodeu201D now error says that-

31.1.2012, 9:0:8, ntclsapclus.cpp, 89, Entry: CreateSAPClusterGroup

31.1.2012, 9:0:8, ntclcluster.cpp, 258, AddDisk2Group: Disk M not found in SharedDiskList

31.1.2012, 9:0:8, ntclsclcrsrc.cpp, 403, AddSAPDisk2SAPGroup failed 1

Incorrect function.

Pls. let me know the standard cluster setup & advice.

Regards,

Vadivel

former_member189546
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello,

Please cut and past few lines from error message in

sapinst_dev.log

regards,

John Feely

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all

Thanks for reply. We are using the MSCS in windows 2003 server with Mssql 2005. in sap installation first MSCS node full details steps one by one just gudie me

Thanks and regards

Sriram

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

Before install the ERS ( Enqueue replication services) we need to do the cluster group configurations. In this steps we need to do manually or at time of install the ERS its will take care automatically? this my query, because i am getting error message say that cluster group not found.

Kindly help us

regards

sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP Group configuration has to be carried out before you install ERS.

In group configuration it creates a cluster group: disks, services and ip address are part of this group.

Regards,

SBK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sriram

How come you finished ASCS and SCS installation before SAP cluster Group.

Please check the installation document

Thanks and Regards

Khalid Bin Mohammed Al Abusani

Former Member
0 Kudos

The disk layout for ABAP and Java for cluster config already mentioned in the installation document. Do you have any specific query?