Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic shipping condition determination

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Team

I have a requirement for determining the shippping conditon automationaly from sales document type. i am having different shipping point in customer master and different shipping point in document type (ie customized document type). In this case for me the sales document should pick the shipping condition from the sales document type and not from the customer master.

but for me now it is picking from customer master. so i request you to please check and help me accordingly.

Regards

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Raj,

Wither you can use user exit (mv45afzz) in sales order creation, which should trigger after save in both VA01 and VA02.

In this user exit you can build logic to check shipping conditions in Z table based on order type

OR

You can use USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP or USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBKD

Here also you need to build logic to check shipping conditions in Z table based on order type

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vishal

thanks for your reply. But i heard that when the shipping condition is given in the document type, it will automatically overrides the shipping condition which is given in the customer master and displays in the sales order. And the second case is when it is not mentioned in the document type then it will refer to the shipping condition mentioned in customer master. This is the standard process it seems.

Or do i really need to go for user exit to pick the shipping condition from the order type. please clarify me this point.

I am not really sure about the standard process because i am a technical consultant.

So please check and help me accordingly.

Regards

Rj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you are correct

The system proposes shipping conditions from the customer master record.

The proposal from the customer master record is overwritten by the shipping conditions that you define for a particular sales document type in Customizing.

The entry from Customizing is considered as a default value. If no shipping conditions are set in Customizing for the sales document type, the shipping conditions of the sold-to party are used.

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

The rule for determining the shipping condition in sales document will follow the below sequence:

Manual entry will have the highest preference

Shipping point from the sales document

Shipping point from customer master.

Regards,

Atul

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello both

Thanks for your replies. so now it is clear that this is the standard process, so no need to write any user exits to perform this activity.

But still in my case the shipping condition from the customer master is picking when i am creating sales order. so please check and let me know what are the configurations i need to check or let me know what mistake is happened in the configuration part which is avoiding for picking the shipping conditon from the sales document type when it is avialable.

Please let me know how to proceed further.

Thanks

Rj

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya no need to use any user exit

maintain all data and test

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

Can you please let me know the areas of configurations which i need to check. so that i can check and do the required modifications in the configurations.

why the standard process is not working for my configuration. i want to know the reason for this and areas to check.

Regards

Rj

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check that the desired shipping condition is assigned to sales document type in question. Transaction code is VOV8.

Thanks and Regards,

Atul

Answers (0)