cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange rate issue while performing Debit memo transaction DP93

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We need some expertise for ICRRB issue, we are doing ICRRB set up for Turkey (Supplying company) to Egypt (Ordering company) we are trying to generate Debit request after booking hours by supplying company's personnel number on cost object of ordering company's cost object through DP93 transaction. We are not able to generate the debit request, the issue here is; it is giving an error "Enter rate EGP / TRY rate type LLR for 21.12.2010 in the system settings". Ideally it should pick up M rate, which is maintained, but it is asking for LLR rate.

We found that in table TCURF, for the combination TRY to USD, exchange rate type is defined as M. However, alternate exchange rate type for this combination is maintained as LLR, is because of this we are getting the aboev error while generating the debit request.

Please help us to solve this issue.

Any kind of help will be appreciated.....

Thanks,

Tinat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tinat,

I get the donfiguration.

The alternate exchange rate type has got a validity date. May be your transaction falls within the validity date and hence it is trying to make use of the other exchange rate type instead of M.

So, if you want M to be effective, you have to either change the valid from date in OBBS. Otherwise remove the alternate exchange rate type assignment there. If one of these is done, your functionality will work fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navaneetha,

Thanks for the response....

but our issue is we cannot remove the alternate rate which is LLR, M rate is maintained for TRY to USD valid from 01.01.2005, can you tell us what you are asking to change.....

In the contract exchange rate TRY to USD has been picked for LLR, than why it is asking for EGP to TRY LLR rate while creation of Debit memo (as per our understanding it should look for TRY to USD rate for LLR).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also can you please tell us if there is any routine which should look at while execution of DP93 to check the error

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tinat,

Why do you maintain the alternate exchange rate type? If you have a valid reason, then from which date onwards, this alternate exchange rate type valid? If you have to use the alternate exchange rate type for sure, check in transaction code OBBS. Here check if the validity date is correct (valid from). If it is correct, then it means that your transaction should only use LLR xng rate type and not M. However you have maintained the xng rate for the xng rate type LLR. Hence the system is giving the message. So you go and maintain the xng rate for xng rate type LLR in the tcode OB08. This will solve the problem.

If the alt xng rate type has to be used and the validity rate is wrong, change the validity date in OBBS in such a way that M is the valid xng rate type for your transaction and ur problem will be solved.

If alt xng rate itself need not be used, then remove LLR in OBBS for the relevant entry and your transaction now will consider M and not LLR. Thus ur prb will be solved.

Now tell me if you want some more info

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do you mean by alternative exchange rate type. I havent heard of this. Normally if M is the exchange rate type, then it should ideally pick up.

Where do you maintain the alternative exchange rate type, mention the tcode or something. I think the problem lies there.

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navneetha

I think you are also right but as per my understanding , i think exchange rates are not maintained properly between EGP / TRY with rate type LLR.

Thanks and Regards

Srinath

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tinat

Please check in OB08 - exchange rate maintaince with its date it has been maintained. If not maintained then Maintain Exchange rate between EGP / TRY with rate type LLR for 21.12.2010

Thanks and Regards

Srinath