cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Enable MDM WebService

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to use the MDM 7.1 Web-service for the operation of create and search

Could any one point me how to avail the Web-service.

I refer the below link and installed the MDMWEBSERVICES04_11-20004026.SCA .

http://help.sap.com/saphelpmdm71/helpdata/en/49/06eac7dc78132ee10000000a421937/content.htm_

But still I could not see the webservice in Webservice naviagator. in my portal .

Btw, I am currently working on Portal 7.00 SP22

Any pointer over this would be of great help.

Thanks

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi deploy the sca & runtime & then go to /mdm/wsgenerator. Create a new project, expose the functionality you want and at the last step of the project you get an option to deploy the generated webservice directly or download as an ear file. Either ways once you get it deployed, configure it to talk to the MDM server in SSA for >7.0 AS or in Visual Admin.

Now if you go to WSN you can see the webservice & consume it.

-Sudhir.

google for MDM WS Genrator Run time & design time: help.sap.com it has detailed steps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir/ John

Thanks for the quick response.

I followed the steps you suggested and successfully managed to generate the web service , which i am able to access via Web Service Navigator.

I have the one more question in connection to this Generated Web-service.

Since during the time of Generating the Web-service , in Step 2 I specified my Repository Name and my User ID and password in-order to connect to the repository. Thus in this case my user id and password is binded in the generated EAR file.

Thus if I use the web service and create my custom application, in order to create a CUSTOMER Records in a table..

Even though when some User access the application and create a record,

*will the web service pass my user credentials for creation or the who ever performing the operation..*

if so , how is work?

Please clarify

Thanks

kumar

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

your credential is only used to connect to mdm to get some design time info, like table, field,......

the ws generated is sso enabled. it can grab user info from logon ticket, when you try to call.

you have to know some soa configuration, if you want to publish the ws.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

your credential is only used to connect to mdm to get some design time info, like table, field,......

the ws generated is sso enabled. it can grab user info from logon ticket, when you try to call.

you have to know some soa configuration, if you want to publish the ws.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think you also need MDMWEBSERVRUNT*SCA.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have to generate the ws by your own,

the sca you deployed will provide you the wizard to generate ws.

you can search in sdn to get the material regarding how to generate ws.