cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change / manipulate the URL at runtime?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

at runtime of my WD application, I want to change an URL-parameter (which the user can see in the browser) dependent on the user's action. The goal is that the user can copy the URL (inclusive the dynamic generated paramaeter) from the browser.

PS: I don't want the URL as textview etc. within the application, I want to see my value in the browsers URL.

Thanks for any contribution.

BR Oliver

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

In order to do this you will have to fire an exit navigation plug to the new URL. This will destroy your current session and restart it, however. I doubt this will be very nice for the user. Otherwise you can't just interact with the browser URL display.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I don't want my session to be destroyed & created again cause that will be too time consuming.

A consequence of "always-the-same-URL" is also, that pressing 'F5' will bring you back the application start instead of doing a (current-)page refresh or is there any solution for that?

Thanks & regards

Oliver

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>I don't want my session to be destroyed & created again cause that will be too time consuming.

I'm afraid I don't know of any other options. The browser can't just be scripted against and even if it could you can't include such JavaScript in Web Dynpro anyway.