cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMARTFORMS printing is shifted to the right

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are having a problem with a SMARTFORMS for 1099 called IDWTCERT_US_1099MISC. We noticed that the print preview after testing the 1099 and the print preview from the SPOOL (trx SP01) shows the 1099 form OK, but printing it out cuts off the right side of the form/image by about 1.5 CM.

There are two things we've tried so far:

1) In SPAD, we have adjusted in the Output Attributes Tab of the DEVICE the area called Additional SAPScript and Smart Form Information. Here, the horizontal move can be entered as a -10 (in millimeters) for instance.

This didn't work for us, as it only shifted the truncated (bad) image to the left 1 CM, thus centering an incomplete image.

2) Before printing from the spool in SP01 we changed the printer from the device type to be LOCL. This worked OK, and the 1099s print nearly centered and not cut-off on the right, but we are not sure that it will work well when we print the 1099s in the production run. (i.e. if this is in an adjustment that they can even make...or if it will correct the problem in the same way on a different printer).

Could someone please help with more feedback on this issue to see if using LOCL is the best way to do this, or if there are other, more global, settings that I can make to correct this.

Last resort, I could download and shift the background image or something. Shifting the background image would be difficult, however, not to mention it would make all the SMARTFORM fields on the 1099 print in the wrong spot.

Thank you!!

Jeremy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you know, for 2010, you must apply 1535966 for the 2010 Smart Form 1099 reporting.

Note 1546868 just came up to fix the truncation on the right issue. We are about to apply this note and I will respond with our results shortly.

FYI - Here is the sympton from the note: "After Oss Note 1535966 was applied,the form print is truncated towards right."

-Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for that information. Yes, I applied the parts of 1535966 successfully. I will also check into and apply 1546868.

Thanks

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Follow-up as promised: Applying 1546868 does solve the right truncation issue.

-Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

It solved our issue as well. Thanks for pointing out that new note.

Jeremy

Answers (0)