cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

some qustions regarding the XI-functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I have (a) lot of qustions regarding the XI-functionality for the XI-experts. All the qustions are Yes/No-qusetions.

I will be glad, if You can help me and answer some of them.

Thank you very much!

Question 1) Tracking of exception events that are of business importance (Yes/No)

Question 2) Automated reporting (Yes/No)

Question 3) Is there a data cleanup procedure to handle scrambled tables, out of sync indeces and other common corruption issues? (Yes/No)

Question 4) Are Database Transaction Types characterized (time of day, size of data, online/batch)? (Yes/No)

Question 5) Does the system support optimization for Database Parallelism (partitioning)? (Yes/No)

Question 6) Can all jobs and/or scripts be re-run after failure without risk to production data (i.e. stepwise recovery)? (Yes/No)

Question 7) Is online transaction correction and resubmission possible? Supported?

Question 😎 Is volume metric reporting provided?

Question 9) Does your system include audit logs? Are the logs easily deciphered? Can the logs be archived (and can the archives be easily retrieved without disturbing the production instance of the application)?

Question 10) Are new releases packaged as self-installing entities (like InstallSheild, for instance)?

Ragards!

Peter Henke

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>Question 1) Tracking of exception events that are of business importance (Yes/No)</i>

Based on the Busienss requirement you will have to raise excptions and they can be trapped in an Alert.

<i>Question 2) Automated reporting (Yes/No)</i>

Reporting in terms of message Details???. SAP XI has it's own tool for monitoring called Runtime workbench.

<i>Question 3) Is there a data cleanup procedure to handle scrambled tables, out of sync indeces and other common corruption issues? (Yes/No)</i>

DO you need a middelware for this?

Question 4) Are Database Transaction Types characterized (time of day, size of data, online/batch)? (Yes/No)

Question 5) Does the system support optimization for Database Parallelism (partitioning)? (Yes/No)

<i>Question 6) Can all jobs and/or scripts be re-run after failure without risk to production data (i.e. stepwise recovery)? (Yes/No)</i>

All the Async jobs that go into error in SAP XI can be restarted.

<i>Question 7) Is online transaction correction and resubmission possible? Supported?</i>

Sync messages cannot be triggered again unless from the source system.

Question 😎 Is volume metric reporting provided?

<i>Question 9) Does your system include audit logs? Are the logs easily deciphered? Can the logs be archived (and can the archives be easily retrieved without disturbing the production instance of the application)?</i>

You can see these details in the 'Runtime Workbench'.

The messages can be archived witout effecting the application system.

Question 10) Are new releases packaged as self-installing entities (like InstallSheild, for instance)?

THe SAP XI has following steps

1. Preperation

2. Installation

3. Post Installation

4. Configuration

Regards

Vijaya

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Question 1) Tracking of exception events that are of business importance (Yes/No)

<b> Deprends on how you want to catch the exceptions. You have mutliple options like Conditional Reciver Determiantion , Interface determiantion , throw Alerts , use BPm etc . SO.. YES..!!</b>

Question 2) Automated reporting (Yes/No)

<b>If you want to know the number of interfaces run on XI, time taken etc , this can be achieved using simple ABAP codes. </b>

Question 3) Is there a data cleanup procedure to handle scrambled tables, out of sync indeces and other common corruption issues? (Yes/No)

<b> SO far , I have seen no such issues with XI.</b>

Question 6) Can all jobs and/or scripts be re-run after failure without risk to production data (i.e. stepwise recovery)? <b> Yes , this blog will help. /people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically</b> (Yes/No)

Question 9) Does your system include audit logs? Are the logs easily deciphered? Can the logs be archived (and can the archives be easily retrieved without disturbing the production instance of the application)?

<b> Yes.. Take a look at transaction SXMB_MONI </b>

Regards,

Bhavesh