Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status Management - SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client have a requirement:

Order related billing. We should have the status profile configured for a particular sales document type. I have done the configurations to display the status in the overview screen. But when I create a sales order it is not getting displayed in the overview screen and what would be the cause of that?

Once the billing is done it should not post to FI. The AR person should change the status to closed and then the Invoice should post to FI. I tried in the configuration by giving the object status as Forbidden for the FI postings but still the Invoice is posting to accounting once the billing is created.

Can you guys help me out on this issues? What should be the configur

Thanks & Regards,

Srinivasan. K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont know whether you are aware of Posting Block for billing documents. In VOFA, if you select your billing document and execute, you can see a field "Posting block". Select this so that as and when a billing document is generated, accounting document will not be generated immediately. Either the same can be released via VF02 or VFX3.

So you should give authorisation of VF01 to one user and VF02 or VFX3 to another user.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

I'm aware of the configuration you mentioned. The posting block can be set in the billing type. But the thing is client needs to use the status management to pos the Invoice to FI. I tried configuring the status management. I can able to make the billing document forbidden for the statuses. But I cannot able to do for the FI posting. Once the billing document is created the FI posting is done automatically. My requirement is to block the FI posting so that only after certain status is reached the AR person should be able to post the Invoice to FI.

Do you know how to do this with status management and how can I display the statuses in the overview screen of the sales document? I did the configuration for displaying this in the overview screen but I cannot get the proper output in the sales document. It is not getting displayed in the overview screen.

Srinivasan.K