cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should we choose Java over ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, My company is moving to SAP recently and we are all new to SAP. Here I have question about should

we choose Java AS instead of ABAP AS? is there anything,such as workflow, can only be programmed in ABAP

but not java, in another word, can Java do all the thing ABAP can do? I know Java is not replacing ABAP, at least in

near future, but from skillset perspective, do you think if Java skill will be sufficient to maintain/developing bussiness with

SAP? please advise.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends on what application of SAP you wish to use. While for some just ABAP will be enough, for some Java is a must. For Process Integration, ABAP+java is needed.

Hence let us know the SAP application that you want to use. We can tell you accordingly if just ABAP or Java is enough.

Rgds,

Soujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the response. Regarding to system installation, we will install JAVA stack and ABAP stack to have full function of SAP . We are interested in the following area for development: BI, Portal, workflow, Adobe interactive form.

If we choose JAVA, is any area JAVA programming have limitation to call SAP function? Can we write JAVA program to call API of ABAP stack?. Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.