cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you use UDF's from the function library in XSLT mapping?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are migrating into PI 7.1 and would like to simply make a few adustments to existing XSLT mappings, instead of recreating it in message mappings. One example is we do a lookup for closing date in a static XML file and do a compare before populating the target node. We are planning to move the file to a table in Pi and then do a lookup via a java method in the XSLT. We are hoping we can build this in the function library.If so, could someone verify this is a good direction provide some detail on how to reference it in the XSLT. If not, where do we need to load the jars to have the method available at runtime when the XSLT runs.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Calling Java methods from XSLT is deprecated in PI 7.1 and may not be supported in future releases.

If you need it urgently, there is an example in online help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks stefan,

We found the RFC lookup from XSLT using a Java Helper class PDF and will consider implementing this. Thanks for the info regarding 7.1 and future releases. Is there a reason for this you can share. My client will ask why. I will also review the help on the subject.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Thanks for the info regarding 7.1 and future releases. Is there a reason for this you can share. My client will ask why.

Java methods calls are not part of XSLT standard.

In PI 7.0 SAP used a special jar for XSLT handling, the SAPXMLtoolkit.jar

PI 7.1 uses a standard library from SUN, which does not allow this feature.

When you want to use it, you mark "use sapxmltoolkit" in operation mapping.

The sapxmltoolkit might not be provided in future releases.

Answers (0)