SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business partner changing in contract account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all.

Inform, please, somebody by experience, whether it is possible business partner change in contract account?

At creation of the contract account the incorrect business partner was wrongly specified. In result one business partner had two contract accounts (one not him), and other business partner - any. This error was detected not immediately and exists several already billed and invoiced periods for today.

Whether it is possible somehow assign to the contract account of other (correct) business partner (instead of existing) or transfer the contract account (without change its number) with all contracts from one business partner to another?

Thank in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You have a few options: execute a customer change or use the account holder functionality, or reverse all transactions and redo with correct partner.

The account holder would enable you to keep the account number, but it only allows you to add a new business partner as related. You cannot remove the current business partner relation, and thus might not be appropriate.

The customer change process moves the contracts and account from one bp to another. This will result in a new account number.

Lastly, you can reverse the bills and moves, and then re-execute them with the correct bp.

regards,

bill.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You have a few options: execute a customer change or use the account holder functionality, or reverse all transactions and redo with correct partner.

The account holder would enable you to keep the account number, but it only allows you to add a new business partner as related. You cannot remove the current business partner relation, and thus might not be appropriate.

The customer change process moves the contracts and account from one bp to another. This will result in a new account number.

Lastly, you can reverse the bills and moves, and then re-execute them with the correct bp.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Thanks, William.

Can you tell me, please:

1). If use account holder functionality, may I change account holder (correct business partner instead of existing) for contract account (by changing relationships)? And may I remove old business partner at contract account after that?

Have you any documentation about this functionality, by the way?

2). At execution of customer change there is no chance to keep contract account number?

3). In my opinion, after reverse all bills and move-in I all the same can't change business partner in contract account. Am I mistaken?

0 Kudos

>

> 1). If use account holder functionality, may I change account holder (correct business partner instead of existing) for contract account (by changing relationships)? And may I remove old business partner at contract account after that?

> 2). At execution of customer change there is no chance to keep contract account number?

Can anybody answer these questions?

May be exist some other solution?

Thank in advance.