Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc to file error

former_member223432
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on Idoc to file scenario, everything was working fine..a new Zfield was added to the idoc by extending it.

After importing the idoc in PI i am getting the error pop up as " Function Model Undefined".

None of my mapping also opening and throwing the same error.i tried reimporting and i reverted back the idoc to the old fields but still getting the same error. I am unable to open my Mapping.since my mappings are very complex..it would be very difficult for me to delete and recreate again.

here is the detailed error.

Function model undefined (FUNCMODEL_UNDEF)

MESSAGE ID: com.sap.aii.mappingtool.mf.mapping.rb_Mapping.FUNCMODEL_UNDEF

STACKTRACE:

com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException: Function model undefined

at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.Project.load(Project.java:637)

at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.Project.loadMetadata(Project.java:899)

at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.Project.<init>(Project.java:254)

at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.api.MappingToolFactory.getInstance(MappingToolFactory.java:61)

at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.fwutil.util.ToolUtil.restartTool(ToolUtil.java:376)

at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.fwutil.api.ViewUtil.refreshControls(ViewUtil.java:61)

at com.sap.aii.ibrep.gui.mapping.xitrafo.XiMappingView.refreshControls(XiMappingView.java:197)

at com.sap.aii.ibrep.gui.mapping.xitrafo.XiTransformationView.refreshControls(XiTransformationView.java:132)

at com.sap.aii.ib.gui.editor.XiView.refresh(XiView.java:230)

at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.framework.DocumentContainer.refreshView(DocumentContainer.java:341)

at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.framework.cmd.OpenCommand.localOpen(OpenCommand.java:339)

at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.framework.cmd.OpenCommand.execute(OpenCommand.java:209)

at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.framework.ExecutionContext.execute(ExecutionContext.java:198)

at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.framework.ExecutionContext.executeSafe(ExecutionContext.java:154)

at com.sap.aii.ib.gui.operations.OperationsServiceProvider.executeDefaultOperation(OperationsServiceProvider.java:295)

at com.sap.aii.ib.gui.nav.HierarchyNode.executeDefaultOperation(HierarchyNode.java:73)

at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.framework.navigation.tree.DefaultTreeCard.handleHierarchyEvent(DefaultTreeCard.java:199)

at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.framework.navigation.tree.ThreadedTree.fireHierarchyActionEvent(ThreadedTree.java:555)

at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.framework.navigation.tree.ThreadedTree.executeStandardOperation(ThreadedTree.java:2350)

at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.framework.navigation.tree.ThreadedTree$DblClickHandler.mouseReleased(ThreadedTree.java:2282)

at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.toolkit.Guitilities$EventProcessor.dispatchEvent(Guitilities.java:320)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Kindly help me

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Try getting to the previous version of the IDOC in ESR, so you can correctly open the Message Mapping, then save the Mapping, and then you can try modifying again the mapping and the idoc structure.

Regards,

Juan.

former_member223432
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not even able to get my changes back..if i click on change history then also i get the same error.

Kindly help me

Thanks

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ayrahcaanilan,

Try reverting the changes, first in the Idoc, because it's logical that the message mapping shows that error, because the Idoc structure it's not the same that the one saved in the MM. Revert the changes first in the idoc, and then, in the message mapping.

regards,

Juan.

former_member223432
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentione din my First, I tried that attempt too... reverting the changes, first in the Idoc and reimporting the oold one..but still i get this error..

Kindly let me know if you have any valuable suggestion on this.

Thnks

former_member223432
Participant
0 Kudos

Any Suggestions please?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I feel this could be a import issue only.

The same issue has been faced in the below thread and has been addressed too.

Please check if this would help you.

In case, you are concerned about the mapping getting deleted / removed, take a backup of the mapping as a .mte file.

You can reimport the mapping again if the options doesnot work.

Thank you.

Regards,

Subbu

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had same problem before, i got the change in root node of source message when i load the new structure in the mapping i got the same error but when i change the source message in the signature tab back to previous one i got my mapping back, i dont know in your side may be do the same and check.

former_member223432
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned by mentors this is a BUG in PI 7.1

I somehow resolved this issue by deleting the IDOC in IR and again reimporting as a fresh idoc back to ESR.

but again this doesnt work if i import a new idoc with some new extensions and gives the same error...strange!!!

Anyways thanks for your valuable suggestion people.

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Check SAP note [1495202|https://css.wdf.sap.corp/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=0001495202] Function Model undefined error incorrectly thrown in mapping, which describes how/why this error can occur.

Regards

Mark

former_member189420
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Even I have faced this issue when there was change in the signature attributes of the mapping this happens. Check whether the new structure is compatible with the message mapping signature. If there is discrepency between the signature and the ocurences of the message type this error pops up. Try to change the signature and check.

Best regards,

Anand Patil