cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message mapping error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i am doing a simple multimapping FIle -FIle scenario with RFC lookup in it.

i am getting following error while trying to do syntax check/activate the mapping.

I have provided all the deatils, like parametr and import and export parametre in the look up.

Source code has syntax error: : [258] 11:54:12 ***ERROR (): os::create_control_area:
 Could not open control area file /tmp/sap_jvm_XXXXX (28: No space left on device) 
: [258] 11:54:12 ***ERROR (controls.cpp:229): Controls::init: Could not create control 
area. Maybe old VMs are still running. : [258] 11:54:12 ***ERROR (jvmEnv.cpp:139): 
VMCOs::init: Initialization of the control area failed : [258] 11:54:12
 ***ERROR (thread.cpp:4103): VMCOs::init failed Could not create the Java virtual machine.

Interestingly, when i remove the RFC lookup, the mapping works fine.

Does anybdy came across this issue??

Any input will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Biplab

Edited by: biplab das on Jan 5, 2011 7:31 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Biplab,

I would check the Space left on the System, specifically where SAP is installed, it looks like the system does not have paging space to create the JVM.

Check the drive free space also how much is the paging on the server.

Check disk free space.

Regards

Ravi Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

before raising this to SAP , i want to understand the problem...

this seems like space issue..

Any more inputs?

prasad_ulagappan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bip ,

Try to execute the RFC in ABAP and check for the output size. If its really heavy then you need to alter the lookup in such a way to pickup only the relevent data.

If the RFC output is small, check how many times the RFC lookup is being called. If it is too many times, try to reduce the input payload to see if it works for some small payloads. So that the callback time would be less.

Basically these are all the tuning issues, which you can tune your code in such a way with miniumum call back and less size.

Regards

Prasad U

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

Thanks for you replies, the issue has been solved.

the directory where PI was storing the byte codes was full.. basis has extended the space and nw its working...

@ prasad , thanks for you input

Biplab

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Biplab,

You are welcome, Glad i was able to help.

Ravi Raman

P:S Dont forget the points if helpful

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using PI 7.0 (or older) or PI 7.1 ? I mean because of the RFC lookup if it's integrated or you code it (because of the libraries required to make the lookup work)

Regards,

Juan.

iprieto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why don't you open a OOS note to SAP? The error log shows a JVM's standard error and this error must to be fixed by SAP.

On the other hand, what is your JVM patch?

You can see this information in SAP MMC tool, http://servername:50013, Central Instance -> AS Java -> Click in developer trace on server node. You should see something like this:

F vendor : SAP AG

F version : 1.5.0_24

F cpu : ia64

F java vm type : server

F java vm version : 5.1.058

F jvm library name : libjvm.so

Best regards

Ivá