cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MANUAL SYNDICATION

ShockerWil
Explorer
0 Kudos

How can I do manual syndication using with MDM PI Adapter? I open a map, but it prompts me where to save the XML file. For FTP you need to point the XML to the ready but for an MDM PI Adapter, what would I be needing to direct the XML file for the PI to pick it?

Is there a way where I can save the XML Files in my local drive and PI to pick the files from mine?

Many thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Please follow below:

Open Syndicator.

Go to File->New

Set Type=Port and select the relevant port for this (this is the same port mentioned in Sender MDM Adapter)

Execute syndication.

If the port is not selected, manual syndication is not possible with the MDM PI Adapter.

Thanks

Aamir

ShockerWil
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

Did try port configuration and was successful for mine. Thanks..

However, seems that there are fields that have been updated too which should not. Is there a way to clear mapping and leave the required map for syndication?

Many thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a way to clear mapping and leave the required map for syndication?

See, if your requirement is to change the existing map and make it work as per the requirement to do manual syndication using Port. You can go ahead but when you open map using File>New>Type=Port, Remote System= required Remote System and Port= Defined in MDM PI Adapter of PI. Here yuo can edit this map but make sure after editing it save it as SAVE AS option (by giving some new map name say XYZ ) so that your existing map remain with you for future reference. Now you need to set this map XYZ into your Outbound Port for this remote system using MDM Console. So afterwards if you go for manual syndication your syndication will occur as per your required map.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure if PI adapter will work in case of manual syndication. I tried in my last project and this was the conclusion from PI consultant. This is my practical experience and you need to check guide for the same.

Cheers,

Rc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Save the file to local desktop and then you need to upload the file to the ready folder or you can upload to any of the folder through sxda_tools transaction and then you can test it.

Else automate it through console.

Reference to upload via sxda_tools can be seen here:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/UploadingfilestoSAPServersfromLocalmachinefromwithinSAP+GUI

Regards,

---Satish