cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting Control on created status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have released the project partially, by releasing some of the wbs.

i have not mentained any planning and budgeting

when i am trying to post the values for some of the other wbs which is CRTD status, it is it is accepting without any control.

as per the process it should not allow such postings.

in the same time when iam executing with cji3 no posting values were captured.

we need the control as if WBS is CRTD status any such postings should not allow.

pl. share.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot post the actual cost in CRTD system status, even if the user status allows in Std SAP setting. May I know how did you post actual cost to the WBSE in CRTD status, which transaction you used?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When iam trying to created the service pr for the project with account assignmnet P and Item catagory D, with the wbs status is with CRTD statsus, pr is generating.

the requrement is when the wbs is CRTD status no pr or po should get generated.

Regards,

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PR will be generated as per std SAP

If you want this not to happen then use user status and disallow Material PR and PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PR just creates a commitment but does not post actual cost.

PR can be created even in CRTD status of the WBS element.

But PR cannot be cretaed if budget is not sufficient.

In your case, there is no budget at all. So, check in the budget profile, if availability control is active.

If availability control is actvie, and not budgeted, PR cannot be created.

If availability control is not active, the PR can be created.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure what you are trying to do.

You cannot post actual cost when in CRTD status unless you overide std SAP with some user status - at this point I am assuming there is no influence of user status.

Hence you get nothing in CJI3 because that is the actual cost line item

When the WBS is in CRTD status you can plan and budget - this will be seen in other reports - see SAP help for more details

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you told, at this juncture there is no influence of the user statsu.

when i have tried to post the direct financial posting with fb60, it is thrown the error messae. it has posted only after released the wbs.

when iam trying to gemerate the pr from me51n when the wbs is with crtd status, pr is generating., which should not generate any pr since the wbs is with CRTD statsu.

my doubt is when the wbs is with CRTD status

why the financial postings are not accepting and procurement transactions are executing.

regards,

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear first understand that creating PR or PO doesnt have any impact on financial posting. PR/PO is just a document thats it. That is why system allow you to create it even though when WBSE is CRTD. If you want to disallow then you have to create user statuses and set the business transactions accordingly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

"why the financial postings are not accepting and procurement transactions are executing. "

I would like to add some points in continuation with Mohamed of your above question.Sometimes there could be some long lead items for which the procurement time is more.So you start your procurement transactions even during your planning phase of project(CRTD status).That is why SAP permits you to do procurement transactions even during CRTD status.But when it comes to financial posting the project should be released for execution, so it throws an errors message as financial postings mean that execution has started.

As in your case if your business requirement is not to permit procurement too, then you can do it with User status as mentioned by Virendra.