cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error loading in MDM console

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed the MDM server (5.5 SP3) and console (5.5 SP3). I don't have any problems the first time: I mount a server in the MDM server, and after I start it, after I archive a repository, and after I load it. But If I stop my server MDM (for example I want to restart my computer), I have a problem when I reload another time my repository: the error is: the MDM repository <----> failed to load. And in the detailer report:Load aborted with error(2181234944: Unhandled Exception).

Thank you for your answer.

Best regards.

rémi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting the same error with MDM SP4 Patch 3 using a local server and SQL Server 2005 database. This occurs on a repository that I unarchived.

Here is the error message:

Load aborted with error(2181234944: Unhandled Exception).

Please use Verify/Repair Repository to find and repair errors.

I try to verify/repair and it does not fix the error. I searched the Notes and could not find any that refer to this error.

Does anyone know why I am getting this error? Is there a log file somewhere that may provide more information?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting the same error also except from a repository that was created from a XML schema. OSS does not provide any solutions. Has anyone discovered a way to fix this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's interesting. Mine was also a repository created from an XML schema.

In the error report, it appears to be failing with the sort indexes on some of the tables. As a work around, I removed the sort indexes on all columns in the offending tables. When I did this, the repository was able to load (but then I could not column sort these tables in the data manager).

Anyway, this was all on the SQL Server 2005 Express edition (Microsoft free version). So then we loaded the repository with onto a supported earlier version of SQL Server, and we did not get this error.

It seems to be related to the Sort Indexes. And it seems to be related to SQL Server 2005 (and maybe only Express Edition - not sure because I could not try on an approved/supported edition of 2005).

I meant to open an OSS on this, but I am not familiar with this process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As a test, I created a blank repository without using a schema. I exported the schema of the repository I was having trouble with and imported it into the blank schema. In the analysis for import schema, I found the import was deleting a couple of tables from the repository. Repeating the process and telling it to reject the deletions made it possible to load the repository. But, I'm dealing with a repository without data in it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did the same thing. And the repository loaded fine then (without data). However, I re-loaded the data (a time intensive process) and I got the same error after some of the tables were loaded. Please let me know how it turns out for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check whether there is a note addressing that problem?