cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page break for tables doesn't work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with page breaks in my table. I followed all steps of adobe lifecycle designers F1-Help concerning tables with more than one page. The table ends at the bottom of my first page, although there are many other rows, which are not shown.

1. I created a new Master

2. I enabled paging for my table

3. I created connection to my datasource

Does anyone know where I forgot something?

Furthermore I wanted to use 2 colours for my table. 1st row grey, 2nd, white, 3rd grey, ...

But in the form all entries of the table are grey. Maybe this is another hint?!

Thanks for your help and best regards!

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Have you checked the property 'Allow Page Breaks within Content', in Object palette --> Table?

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

yes, I checked all checkboxes with page breaks and it is allowed anywhere.

By the way, when u drop a table from the dataview to the form, the table is represented as subforms. I converted those subforms to a table.

Thanks for help!

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By the way, when u drop a table from the dataview to the form, the table is represented as subforms. I converted those subforms to a table.

You meant the opposite, right?

There is a trick for this: if you use subforms, you can add a subform with zero size and no content, set the page break on this "help" subform and make it hidden. When it is hidden no page break is done. When you make it visible (by scripting) then it does the page break for you. By the way I have described this trick like zillion times, how comes you didn´t find it with google?

Cheers Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can manipulate the color through scripting as well. You check the number of the row and when it is even, you set the row subform background or fields in this subform background grey. If you don´t know how to do the scripting, use google or get a free downloadable scripting guide from adobe.

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey together,

I solved the problem. Thanks for your help!

Because of the conversion from subforms to table, I had another subform around the table. In this subform I couldn't set 'Allow Page Breaks within Content' cause the checkbox was read-only, but I thought this has to be so. When I finally deleted the surrounding subform, it started to work.

Thanks for your help and tricks!

Patrick

@ Otto: no idea, why I didn't find your tipps with google. Maybe because I use the german ALD version and don't know the English translations correctly...it was hard to find any information about Adobe Form tables and page breaks.

Answers (0)