Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOBM_VFDAT

former_member1190345
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Friends,

Along with some other characteristics for a material I am using LOBM_VFDAT characteristic in order to determine the batch date so that the material can be consumed according to the batch date on FIFO basis by maintaining the sort code as ascending in CU70.

I have created a class .Now when I assign this class in the material Master the system immediately asks to assign the characteristic values , but while assigning LOBM_VFDAT characteristic value in t he Material Master I get the date as blank. I checked in CT04 for LOBM_VFDAT characteristic the system does not allow you to maintain the date values for this characteristic.

How to maintain the value for this (LOBM_VFDAT) characteristic in CT04.

Thanks and regards,

J Nagesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When assigning the LOBM_VFDAT characteristic to a material, it makes sense that the value is blank. The LOBM characteristics are linked to the batch master (e.g. MCHA if batches are at plant level). When the batch characteristics are valuated you will see a value.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have mentioned that you have create a class.

Did you enter that class in CT04->LOBM_VFDAT->RESTRICTION TAB?

LOBM_VFDAT is SAP standard characteristic.

I analyzed further. Why you want to add the date value in the material master ->classification->LOBM_VFDAT? If you add it here, then this date will be copied in all the newly created batches. My suggestion would be, you keep this field blank and use this characteristics value only in the batch search strategy (T.code VCH1).

Regars,

Edited by: Shiva Ram on Jan 5, 2011 9:25 AM

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nagesh,

If this is a characteristic created by you, then in CT04 go to the Additional data tab and uncheck the field "Not ready for input".

If it is a standard SAP provided characteristic (i searched in my system and this characteristic is not available), please check if there are any dependencies assigned to the characteristic and also "Not ready for input" field checked. If both are present, then it is updating the date automatically using some dependency logic and you cannot manually put the date. You have to analyse what the dependency does in this case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you don't see the standard delivered LOBM ... batch characteristics in the client, you can load them into the client via the menu path Batch Valudation ==> Update Standard Charateristics.

This is explained in (as an example) - this link:

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/LOBM/LOBM.pdf