cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why APO transaction data is not stored in tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Why APO transaction data is not stored in tables.

can u explain me.

Babu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good question Babu,

There indeed are tables for master data in APO database whereas the transaction data (qty, amount, dates and document numbers) are stored in a denormalized data base called livecache. But the master data too is identified with GUID's.. a cryptic and unique number given to e.g. a location, prodcuct, t/lane, customer and documents. This is because of speed of access if e.g. an external system is to fetch an information from APO using a unique session ID, instead of making a sequential read in APO tables, it read the live cache by called the GUID's that the calling characterics of the event. If one or more ECC system or an external execution system is connected to APO and one of the system collapses and rebuild again or if a system is assigned to a new business system group etc.. then its likely that systems can be out of sync and its where the live cache syncs up the data with APO tables again. If you still want to see tables in human readable format.. there are views available e..g the tables for locations LOCID and table for products MATLOC would take only GUID as inputs but the view V_MATLOC will show you the materials and locations by the numbers you know.

Hope I was able to explain. But yes the why part is still something of a mystery to me.. becasue with transparent tables it is easier to create local reports in APO and thats what probably SAP doesnt want. SAP can answer best as to what were the initial user and commercial considerations when developing APO

Regards,

Loknath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasad,

Some transaction data is stored in tables.

However, most of the important transaction data is stored in LiveCache. This is for performance reasons. LiveCache data storage/retrieval is many times faster than standard table storage.

Best Regards,

DB49