SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems during Automatic clearing

former_member190606
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I had created a customer module for clearing to cater a particular requirement by business. The FM is working fine when I post a payment using payment/check lot or cash desk. However, if there is a credit open in the consumer account(and some open items) and when I run automatic clearing, the FM is not running. What could be the reason?

I have assigned same variant in case for payments and for automatic clearing. So this error is unexpected. Has anyone experienced this before.

P.S : I had posted a query when my custom FM wasnu2019t working at all. However, now FM is working fine, no problems with it so I closed the query. This query pertains to a different problem.

Any help/your experience with the Customer FM would be highly appreciated

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

former_member213733
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

First of all assuming that you have done the IMG settings perfectly , then please ensure that you have not kept the following on the documents or open items .

1. Clearing lock - Go to any one document and in payments tab you will find the same .

2. Restrictions - Please ensure that you have not applied any restirctions on clearing in the same tab .

Else the clearing should run fine .

Please provide the FM name that you are using and do revert back if you are still stuck up .

Hope this helps .

Regards ,

dev

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reponse Devang.

Actually, like i said, i had used the same clearing variant for automatic clearing and for payments. There is no clearing lock or restriction on any items. Its kind of strange. Probably the customer module is not meant for automtated clearing or something. Let me know if u have already tried custom FM for clearing with auto clrng

The FM i am using is a copy of FKK_SAMPLE_TFK115. I tried debugging it but the system isnt executing this during auto clearing at all !!

Let me know if still any confusions

0 Kudos

Adil:

You have probably this- the core issue is that you are using one variant for both payments and account maintenance.  These are very different processes (payment has a new incoming item and finds debits, while AM has only existing documents) and usually require different variants (payment variant selects for only debits while AM variant has to choose both debits and credits, which means different grouping criteria).  Or if using one variant then you would need to adjust rules for the different processes.

regards,

bill.